Thursday, March 25, 2010

Secret Garden

I flew through "The Secret Garden". Why have I never read this book before? I've seen the movie and musical, but the book is pure magic. It teaches so many valuable lessons in my opinion. For instance: Most times, people will act how you condition them to act. Giving people the hard truth, coming from the right place mind you, goes a long way. People who care about others first always seem to have all their priorities straight and seem happier than most people. And of course, playing outside in the fresh air will do more for you than any amount of learning about fresh air.



Speaking of gardens, we're starting one! A couple in our ward has family that has land near us and we're going to do a good sized garden together. We're stoked! Is that still a word cool people use? If it is, then yes, we're totally stoked. If it's not such a cool word, then, we're very excited. We've already started some of our starts. Now it's just time...Hey spring...could you get here and stay here sometime soon? Please and Thanks.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I thought I had read that book to you girls when you were small. But I can't find it anywhere in the house, so maybe I just dreamed it.

I'm excited for your gardening adventure, and hope Spring comes before your starts are too big!

The Wallace Family said...

Guess I'll have to add that to my list of books to read. I just finished The Princess Bride - even better than the movie!

I want to start gardening too - maybe tomorrow!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Were you inspired by your mom to plant your own secret garden, or the book, or both?

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...