Sunday, January 31, 2010

Miles turns uno!!!

Yes, it's true, we officially have a toddler in our home. All throughout yesterday, I just kept running through the events of exactly a year ago. "Okay, a year ago right now, my water broke." "Exactly a year ago, this instant, we were in the hospital" etc etc. I still can't quite get over how fast time seems to go. I always go check on Miles before I go to bed, but it was a tender moment to check on him last night and realize that almost a year ago exactly, I saw him for the first time!

We had some friends over to help celebrate (thank you for coming over) and had a really low key celebration. I made a lion cake because it was the first animal he recognized and could say the sound for. After I got finished with it, I wished I would have had a picture to look at or something, cause it didn't turn out like I wanted. But, truthfully, Miles could have cared less! He still didn't quite get the opening of presents, and really didn't get blowing out the candle, but he LOVED eating the cake and ice cream. He cried every time we took it away or someone else finished their helping. He is his mother's son.




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel,
I don't know if you really mind too much, but I'm David's (one of Richie's cousins) wife, Leslie. I love your blog and your sense of humor. It fun to read about your adventures up north. That's actually where Dave and I met and went to school for two years, so we have fond memories of there. I need to get you email address b/c my sister and her hubby are going to school there and are really big into dancing (he's on one or two of the school's teams and teaches private lessons.) They just had a new baby girl and I'd bet they'd love to meet you guys. It's always fun to have new friends! Anyway, I'll talk to you later. :) Happy Birthday Miles!

Makenna said...

YEAH! Rach, ya done good. It looks like he had a splendid birthday :) just wish I could've been there. sigh.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I too have been thinking a lot about the events of a year ago! I loved being there soon after you brought Miles home from the hospital. It's always such a thrill to hold one so recently arrived from Heaven. Miles was such a beautiful baby and is such a beautiful toddler! He's a sweetheart too, and a blessing to the whole family! Mom and Dad are doing a great job!

Rach, that cake had to have been so much work! It was darned cute and so creative!

Ben said...

That kid is the most photogenic in history. Happy birthday, bud.

Ben

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Nice cake, Rach. How creative!

The Wallace Family said...

What???? He's already one???? How did that happen so soon? I have to agree with the above comments - adorable cake! For Taysom's 1st birthday I had to have Mom come save me. And the camera does love Miles! Give him a big hug and kiss from the aunt he's never met :(

Wii are the Nelsons said...

that's exactly how my thoughts went on the day of James' birthday.
Clever idea for his cake.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...