Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful Update

Well, today I'm grateful that Richie watched Miles today during Relief Society so that I could actually listen to a lesson. I'm also grateful that there's only 3 more days until we see some family! Today it snowed pretty hard, and you know what? I'm grateful for that too. I'm ready now, it doesn't seem premature and it's beautiful.
Here's our "Thankful 4 tree". It has lots more leaves on it this time! We still have a lot to put on it though because there is a lot to be grateful for.


We went over to the Christensen's for dinner tonight and I made a turkey cake! So I can at least say I've baked a turkey this year. :) No, it's not a hand with a face. I meant it to look more turkey-ish, but I ran out of motivation half-way through. We also had turkey pancakes this morning! (Just pancakes with apple slices fanned out to look like feathers) I just feel like Thanksgiving has crept up on me! Where has November gone?

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Does that mean you're coming?????

Rachel said...

No, sorry. We really wanted to, but Richie couldn't get enough work off to justify the price of the plane tickets. But we will get to see Richie's family, so that will be good. We'll have to call you on Thanksgiving and we'll both lament and mourn. :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...