Thursday, November 12, 2009




"Gratitude is a Spirit filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence."
Bonnie D. Parkin

Our "Thankful Tree" is off to a good start! Today I'm grateful for the DI, as I am frequently. I went there today to find some warmer clothes for Miles and hit the jackpot! Today, I am also grateful that Richie's coming home. Let me fill you in. Yesterday, he made a mistake at work, and in order to correct it, he had to drive to Montana to deliver this guy's order. Not just over the border Montana, but almost to Canada, Montana. 8 hours one way. So within an hour or so of my finding out about this mistake, I was husbandless for the night. :( Our entire married...career...I guess, Richie and I have only been away from each other 3 times. This last one included. We don't do well being apart from each other. Luckily, my friend Angie and I decided to go see a movie and leave the kids with her husband. Thank goodness I had something to do with someone, or else I would have been going crazy at home! I'm excited to have him home, nice and safe tonight.

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Love your "thankful Tree"! Remember when we did one?

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

Ya'll should come over to Al's parent's house to watch UP Saturday Night... Not sure about time... Meggie and I will make Turkeys for thanksgiving representing us and our husbands and you can make some too! Anyways, I love you always!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Your friend's husband sure is nice to watch Miles for you. I hate being apart from Rusty too, so I feel your pain. Glad to hear that he made it back safely. I like your tree, and I am thankful for your blog!

Makenna said...

I'm glad he's safe too! sometimes that kid can get into trouble. . . serious trouble :) I'm glad he was watched over! we missed you all this week while the garners were here. They all said they were sore tempted to come visit you instead of coming to see us, seeing we don't have a cute baby! :) I totally understand, who wouldn't want to see Miles? especially walking miles!

Kate said...

I love your gratitude tree! We had fhe and made a gratitude cornacopia. It has really helped us think more about our blessings. Its hard to be away from the ones you love. I'm glad you had a friend close by to help you pass the time!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...