Monday, August 24, 2009

Mount Naomi

This past weekend we met Richie's family in Logan to hike Mount Naomi. At first I thought, I'm tired enough, I don't need to hike 7 miles. But it turned out to be just what we both needed! :) Thanks Garners! They all take such good care of us, especially Miles. The only bad thing about hiking is that you are always looking down so you don't fall, so if you don't stop, you miss out on some of the BEAUTIFUL scenery! It was a really pretty area with a little lake so that when we got finished we put our feet in the shallow end to cool off :) Miles did so well, although Richie's shoulders are sore from carrying him the whole way.
The Men Folk

Sometimes I wish I knew what Miles was thinking...Like right now.

He got cold in his pack and play in the middle of the night, so we pulled him in between us and he slept like a rock! When we both got out of bed, he sunk down in the air mattress. :)

He loves to drink out of a cup like big people, so this is him giving it a try. Notice the soaked shirt!

We Made it!! Wahoo!

It was a beautiful day!

6 comments:

Makenna said...

sigh, wish I could have been there! I really, really need the exercise. AH the Garner boys! Lets not all be handsome at once! :)

The Wallace Family said...

that sounds like a lot of fun! i wish there were mountains around here to hike.

taysom

Zadi said...

I LOVE the picture of miles wet shirt! adorable. :D
Zadi

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm proud of you for making it! And especially proud of you for taking time to enjoy the beauty of it. What a neat in-law family you have Rach!

The Wallace Family said...

I second Taysom's comments! I recall many a hiking trips with Taysom in the backpack on Mike's back. Fun fun memories!

sam said...

Sweet camelback Rach! Love the pictures, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...