Monday, August 3, 2009

Makin Baby Food

I decided that I would try out making my own baby food for Miles. It seems cheaper and healthier, so what's the downside?? It's actually REALLY easy too! If you go to wholesomebabyfood.com, it tells you how to do it, different recipes, at what age your child should be eating what foods etc. But basically all you do it cook the food how you normally would, then blend it up! They recommended putting it in ice cube trays. The serving size is easier to account for, it stays good for up to 6 months, it's easy to store and when you want to use one or two, you just pop one out and defrost it. featured below is this months special, sweet potatoes.

In other adventures, this past weekend Richie and I finally used his birthday check from his work and went out to Texas Roadhouse...soooo good! Then right after we went to a Chukars baseball game in IF with some people Richie works with. We were planning on paying $12 to get in, but as we were walking in some people gave us their 2 extra tickets for free!! WAHOO! A totally free night! The only downside was that while we were at the game, Miles got a fever and was super fussy. Thank goodness for Moms, sisters-in-law and sisters who have gone through this before, because I was getting kinds nervous!! We think he's teething! Exciting? I'm not sure, but I did have a dream the other night that when I went to get him in the morning he had a full set of teeth! Now that would be some pretty quick teething!

I'll have to post a picture of Miles in this outfit later, it's so dang cute. He even has little baby, blue, crocs on his feet! He looks so grown up in this outfit! He is 6 months now! He has an appointment in a couple of weeks so I can tell ya'll his stats :)

7 comments:

McKenna said...

Yay! I love the free dates. It is nice to have family that has done the whole baby thing. I find myself always looking to them for advice too.

Katie said...

Cool baby food!! I really should have done that for Raleigh, so easy too! Great choice going to Texas Roadhouse, delicious! Oh and as always, Miles is super adorable!! Happy 6 months!!

Makenna said...

I Miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss you guys! Richie didn't tell me that it was a free date night! he just unimportantly stated that you went to a base ball game. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I admire your resourcefulness. The yams (?) looked good enough to eat, and the date sounded extra fun! The Texas Roadhouse has great food, but for me the atmosphere is way too loud for comfortable conversation. Guess we're getting old.

Kelly Spence said...

I remember Tanner never liked the homemade baby food for some reason. So I think I just didn't even try with Dallin. I may still do it, pureed is the only way Dallin will eat vegetables right now. Thanks for the tips you gave on my blog!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Great idea regarding the baby food. It is crazy expensive these days. I will have to get some recipes from ya.

Pili girl~ said...

Love it!! I actually used to make baby food for my niece and nephews! It's actually good for us grown ups too! (Just don't tell anyone else... they might freak out.)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...