Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What a Weekend!

This Memorial Day weekend we were able to get over to Nampa to visit the family. Our main purpose in going was so that Miles could meet his great-great grandparents! I just think that is so amazing. So we took a lot of video and 5-generation pictures. Richie and I always come away from family trips in awe all over again at the wonderful heritage we belong to.


We also celebrated my 23rd birthday! There were so many dang candles on that cake I couldn't blow them all out. I think they must have put extra on to make me feel older. Our families always have a way of making you feel special and a little spoiled which is okay once a year I think. :)


We got to spend a lot of time with family and visit Grandpa Kenneth's grave. Miles did pretty well traveling. It always throws off his groove a little, but he handled it really well I think. He loves being around lots of people. And Richie's family couldn't get enough of him! It was so great to watch the cluster of people that would surround him as soon as I laid him on the floor. He is one loved baby. Even if he went through at least 3 outfits per day while we were there! No joke! We're guessing he has grown out of his size 2 diapers all ready, but I just can't believe that! He must be growing like crazy! I had to put this picture of him on here because Richie and I couldn't get over how much Crosby is in him. I think it looks like his cousin Theo!


After we got back on Monday, we hurried and made a cake and ran over to Smith Park to have our "Happy Birthday Frankie Manning" party. There was plenty of junk food and we had a good time. (I tried to upload a picture, but it just wasn't cooperating!)
Thanks everyone for the great weekend!

4 comments:

McKenna said...

Happy Birthday. I didn't know we were the same age, I Just turned 23 in March! It's always fun to visit the family. That is so amazing to have 5 generations living at the same time! I don't think I have ever seen that before. Anyway, happy happy birthday!!! :)

Tyler and Sheree said...

Happy Birthday! Hope that you had a wonderful birthday! Wished we could have been there!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

What a blessing to have married into such a great family. I can relate to how awesome it is to love your in-laws! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

The Wallace Family said...

Now I know why you weren't home when I called! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Love you bunches!!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...