Monday, May 11, 2009

My first!


Sunday was my first real Mother's Day! How cool! I can't wait till Miles is old enough to sing in the primary programs and be up on stage waving, picking his nose and trying to sing some of the songs. That will be the best Mother's Day present ever. But I was pleasantly surprised that "Miles" did actually get me a present this year! "Miles" isn't one to get even remotely excited about doing fun things on Holidays for the most part, but I guess "Miles" broke down and got me a flower and a candle I wanted and even made me a card with his hand prints all over it! The best part was that Miles and Dad let me sleep in on Sunday.
I felt horrible about not really honoring my mom or Richie's mom. For some reason I thought Mother's Day was this upcoming Sunday, so we had started on their presents, but not finished them or sent them. Sorry moms! But I sure love you both and I think the longer I do this "mom thing", the more I'll appreciate everything you both do. But I'm beginning to think, it's not as easy as you both make it look. Love you!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Glad you had such a great first mother's day! :)

So, I was called to be the first counselor in RS and I have some questions for you. Maybe I can e-mail you sometime and figure this thing out.

McKenna said...

I thought the same thing about seeing little Darci up one the stand singing primary songs for me. How fun that will be! Good job "Miles" on getting your mom something this year! :)

Tyler and Sheree said...

Happy Mother's Day Rach! I loved that video you sent to me. It took me a minute to figure it out. Then I just laughed, how clever right? Thank you and enjoy that little Miles!

The Wallace Family said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day little sis! Enjoy the pampering whenever you can get it.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...