Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The End

Yesterday was my official last day student teaching!! Wahoo!! I called Richie when I was driving home and he asked how I felt. I'll tell ya, it was kind of anti-climatic. I was expecting to be.... I don't know crying, yelling, grinning ear to ear. But instead it just felt good. :) It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, but one of the most worth-while. That's usually how it seems to go right? I may go back every once in a while to help with centers or to show off our baby though. We'll see. On Monday night after dinner, I wanted to eat something sweet (as usual) so I decided to make a cake, but not just any cake. A "Congratulations to me!" cake. I figured since that was the first time in ages I actually had time to do something like that, it was kind of a celebration. :) A really yummy celebration!

I thought I would post a picture of my unit that I did for student teaching. We were required to teach a unit and document it like crazy. I chose to do mine on the seasons since it went along so well with the reading program that theme. After analyzing the pre and post tests, I found that 50% of my students scored a 90% or higher on the test. The rest were not too far behind! So that's good. Each lesson was on a different season and I usually incorporated some type of writing project and some type of art project. Each art project went outside in the hallway on a gigantic tree I made with 4 branches, each dedicated to a season. So for spring we made flowers out of tissue paper, summer we learned different ways to color and made green leaves, fall we did leaf rubbings, and winter we made snowflakes. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. The kids sure seemed to enjoy it.
I'm really going to miss those kids and that age and their conversations.
"Do you know what it means to french kiss?",
"Let's pretend like I'm the teacher."
"Ok, and lets pretend like I'm the smartest kid in class"
"I love you 200 times"

7 comments:

Zadi said...

That is so awesome you finished! Yay Rachel! I can not wait to see you. Thanks, i really hope Richie can help me. Can't wait to see you guys. Love ya lots!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Mrs. Garner, you are the bestest student teacher ever!!!!

Adrienne said...

CONGRATS Rach! I'm proud of you and amazed by you! I'm also very excited to see you!

Becca said...

Great job Rachel!!! Now you can relax and get ready for the new babe. :) I bet it feels great to be done with school. ;)

sam said...

Oh my little rachel! I'm so proud of you! You are amazing, and i'm sure you were/are the best teacher in the west(or world for that matter!). You are the bomb dot com, the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees, the clark christensen! Haha, oh man.
Anyways, congrats on completing this challenging step in life with flying colors
Love you.

The Wallace Family said...

I remember when I finished I felt a need to celebrate too... Mike arranged to have his mom watch Taysom and Tucker. Then we went to the MGM and took a ride on the Sky Screamer. It was a perfect way to get rid of some stress and an awesome ride... but little did I know the "ride" was really just beginning :)

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see you - I have a Yea student teaching is behind me gift for you too.

Laura Edwards said...

Congrats on a successful student-teaching experience!

P.S. Your cake looks good.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...