Sunday, July 26, 2026

October 2024

October 1! Must be time to make apple dumplings and watch the "legend of sleepy hollow"! This year, made with our own apples. 



 I don't remember the circumstances of this day, but I'm guessing the older 2 were off doing something else fun, so the younger 3 and I had a park day and made a stop at Krispy Kreme. It's funny how I was shocked they have never been, because I remember taking them! And then I realized the kids I took were the older bunch and it was years and years ago. So it was fun for them to watch the donuts being made for the first time.



Conference necklaces and other....jewelry :) 



Miles always has such good support at his games. :) Thanks Petersens and Grandma for coming!!



I had my 20 year high school reunion! That feels crazy to me since I swear I just barely graduated. I know it's not some people's cup of tea, but for one reason or another I have loved every high school reunion I've attended. I was gone for just a little over 24 hours and I crammed it in! I flew into Vegas (cause it's cheaper) and Dad came and picked me up at 2 in the morning. What a trooper. That morning, some friends and I all did a session together. How cool is it that after all these years, I still have some stalwart friends, who out of all the things we could do, decide to do a session together before our HS reunion. Then we went to breakfast/lunch and caught up. I spent most of the rest of the afternoon setting up for the reunion, and then had the actual event. I'm sure other HS classes are great, but mine really was special. There are so many good people packed into DHS class of 2004 and it was so fun to catch up with everyone. After helping clean up, I caught up with some other friends at Iceberg, then dropped my friend Laura at her house and chatted in the car in her old driveway for way too long, just like old times. Dad drove me back to Vegas the next morning to catch my flight! 







Applesauce Day at Grandma and Grandpas! What a fun tradition. The weather was perfect and the air smelled like cinnamon and we listened to books on tape and jumped in leaves while we processed. 



Lindy's activity day leaders had a fun Daddy Daughter harvest party! So cute. I went in my capacity as primary president to be an extra helper, but it was nice to witness the fun. 


Apple Juice Day! Grandma and Grandpa invited some families from their ward over and the Petersens. Apple juice is significantly easier than sauce and a relatively quick and decidedly delicious project. 



Other October Notables: ward youth hike up to table rock, Gwen was the first one in her co-op class to reach the goal of watching or reading a certain number of Shakespeare plays and therefore was crowned queen, Miles took a cake decorating elective class and co-op and did a great job, chopping wood, raking leaves, making soap etc. 












HALLOWEEN! This year, highly influenced by Benson's love for Greek mythology, the kids decided on such a theme. Davy was Perseus, Benson was Zeus, Lindy was Athena, Gwen was Medusa, and Miles was Pegasus. :) Miles and Gwen also had another co-op Halloween party and they dressed up as other things. I know Miles went as Mr. Rogers, but I don't remember what Gwen was.  We had a ward trick or treat that was pretty lame. :) I didn't have any bandwidth to decorate our trunk, but last minute Gwen made it a mummy that barely survived the drive to the church. There were only like 5 cars that brought candy, so the kids lined up and collected all their candy in about 5 minutes. If memory serves me correctly, this is the first year that Miles didn't do all of the trick or treating with us and instead went to a friend's party. I realize it was probably past time for such things, but still, it felt odd to be crossing that bridge. 









No comments:

October 2024

October 1! Must be time to make apple dumplings and watch the "legend of sleepy hollow"! This year, made with our own apples.   I ...