A trip to Alaska had been on the bucket list for the Crosby adults for a very long time. Mom and Dad went back to their mission at least once that I remember on a cruise when I was a teenager; but they always talked about how fun it would be to take all the kids and siblings with them. In 2024, we finally made it happen; or I should say Dad made it happen. He paid the bulk of the expense for us all to be there! The only thing that would have made it better would be to have Mom with us there in body, although she was definitely with us in spirit.
We spent a day in Seattle before boarding the ship. Favorite thing about Seattle was the amazing weather!! We walked by the space needle, stuck some gum on the wall, and really enjoyed the public market- fish throwing and all!
It's been too long now since the cruise, and I can't remember which city these pics are from, but we also went to Skagway and Juneau. Highlights were going on beautiful hikes to escape thousands of people from multiple cruise ships porting in the same town, seeing more bald eagles than I've ever seen at one time, going whale watching, the gorgeous scenery, and of course all the time spent on the ship with each other. Endless food, endless options for entertainment. We loved playing cards with all the siblings, watching the sunset on the ship, walking laps to burn off the food we ate, and having no wi-fi!


































No comments:
Post a Comment