Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Second Half of December

 

Richie and I were working on an automatic water system in the coop one night and noticed a leghorn hen with blood coming from it's comb. Probably got picked on. We took her in an washed her up and I put antibiotic cream around the cut. Richie said my actions were probably "too much" and we should just let nature takes its course, but he also patiently held the hen as I doctored her. :)










Our first egg! Always an exciting day! Also, Richie and I finished up building the nesting boxes. We used scrap material we found around the property, so it's nothing fancy, but it does the job and it was free!










We decided to enroll Benson in a 2 day a week preschool. I feel like I haven't been able to give him the academic attention he needs this year, and I think we are both benefitting from the experience. He has been a little nervous, but goes forward just fine. When he sees me after class and runs into my arms, it's pretty much the best feeling ever. 





Making Beeswax candles after learning about bees for science, and finding another free little library!







We went and saw some pretty cool lights with the Fogle's in Caldwell! It was more epic than I thought it would be. The only complaining from the kids came when it was time to part ways. 











More homeschool stuff. We finished reading "The Golden Goblet" and had our last book party of the year. Unfortunately, the picture of Davy with the Honey Date Cake is the only picture I got. :) Next up, the kids found owl pellets in the barn one Sunday. Gwen and Lindy spent at least 40 minutes directing them and matching bones to a papers we printed out to see if they could get an entire mouse. Next picture: Reading Marathon Day during Christmas break. Which was supposed to be relaxing and full of reading...and then became full of me at the DMV trying to get our Idaho stuff figured out and the kids watching Harry Potter.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...