Monday, February 24, 2020

First Half of February


Oh remodeling.... So grateful we can pull this off...So done with the process. I know it will be worth it in the end, but I'm getting tired of it all really. Luckily, the cabinets are officially done now, so at least we have the contents of our kitchen back in the kitchen, and not in boxes in the living room. Ugh! That has given me a breath of fresh air, and I can keep washing the dishes in the tub for a little while longer I guess. We're getting close-ish! Grateful for Rex who is making our piece-meal cabinets work, thanks to his can-do attitude and years of experience. And who is doing it all for much less than he's used to, I'm sure. Good people are everywhere. We also got all of our windows replaced on the first floor. Again, a guy in our ward who does window replacement on the side really helped us out by giving us a deal. So, so grateful. Richie's parents came to see the progress and commented on how much nicer things are, and what a bummer it is that we didn't do this when we first moved in. I had to remind her that there was no way we could afford it when we moved in...or at any point in the almost 8 years we've lived here! The only reason we can afford it now is because we moving- and we know we'll make the money right back. :)




I took the two little boys to the dinosaur museum on a Wednesday when the older kids were at Canyon Grove. When the older kids found out, they were a little jealous...but they got over it quickly. Benson and Davy deserve to have fun outings just for them too, since some outings tend to be geared toward the older two. I love having that pass, and going when I know it's going to be slow. :) It's the best!!


Banana ice cream for Breakfast!


I got a haircut, and I feel the need to document it here, because it never looks as good as when the hairdresser does it!


Homeschool group field trip day to the Tracy Aviary! We have always wanted to go, but just never made it happen. So I was glad this was on the agenda for the day. The bird show was super cool! Gwen got to help feed this...hawk? medium sized bird of prey?? Either way, it was cool, even in the cold and snow.


The kids steal my phone all the time and take hundreds and hundreds of selfies. Here are a few gems recently

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...