Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Second Half of April

Latest kit of bunnies! They have been quite the celebrities around here, both with our kids and with neighbors. It's been a while since we've have bunnies, so it's been a big hit. :)


Miles and Gwen fell asleep in Miles's bed the other night. :) And here's Lindy curled up with her giraffe stuffed animal she bought at the zoo. :)


Weather is warmer! That means lots and lots of time outside. Here's Gwen with a chalk drawing of her and her soon to be new cousin Jade. :) We're also having regular picnics outside.


Davy pics :)


The kids and I (mostly Lindy) worked on making a rainbow from seed catalog pictures. It was a fun little project.



Tulip Festival! We arranged to take some graduation pictures of Taysom at Thanksgiving point, thinking it's such a great location, we'll get some really great shots. It had been warm all day, and then after I had the kids all sunscreen-ed, changed into warm weather clothes, packed in the car with water bottles...it started raining a bit. As soon as we set foot outside, an all out downpour happened. It was crazy! There was no real good spot to take shelter, so we just forged ahead, snapping the best pictures we could get. We were all completely soaked to the bone by the time we were done, just in time for it to stop raining and a beautiful rainbow to appear. Ha! My favorite part was that Gwen was shivering, (and without a coat, because I told her she wouldn't need one) and without any nudging from me, Miles pulled his coat off and wrapped it around Gwen and zipped it up for her. :) Parenting win!!



Super cool science experiment about convection heat. You should have heard the squeals of delight that elicited when this tea bag flew up in the air after being lit on fire.


Richie and I had a much needed getaway, thanks to S&I. They've just recently brought back the couples weekend getaways and I couldn't be more grateful. Lack of sleep and hard things about parenting in general had started to pile up and put me squarely in "the depths of despair" as Anne Shirley would put it. It's not a fun place to be. In hindsight, I was probably depressed for most of the time between having Lindy and till Benson was around a year or so. I'm not consistently low anymore, but every once in a while, things pile up and I have a few dark days. Such were the circumstances this weekend. All topped off with the fact that Benson broke his toe and we had to spend 2 fruitless hours in the Dr.'s office. Not even the waiting room. Just me and 5 kids in the tiny, don't-touch-anything, Dr.'s office. It was awful. A few hours into our getaway (in Midway this year), I could physically feel a burden lifting, and my mood shifted more than I thought possible in such a short amount of time. It became very clear to me that more consistent dates and getaways are becoming a necessity. Not something nice if we have time or money, but absolutely essential to our mental health individually and our relationship as a couple. 5 kids is no joke. I need to make it abundantly clear that Richie is my #1, and that our relationship is (besides relationship with God) paramount above all others. And it's a nice perk to not have to share goodies, my water bottle or my attention with the kids for 24 hours.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...