Wednesday, April 24, 2019

First Half of April

April Fool's Day. I have this problem where I don't really care too much about little holidays or events, until the day comes, and then I start feeling guilty that I didn't do anything. So I throw something together really last minute. Hence my repeat "prank" of "Brown-E's". Miles and Gwen remembered, so they knew there were real brownies coming later. But both Lindy and Benson were sadly shocked. Once they ate some brownies and got the joke, they decided to play it on some neighbor friends. They thought being on the other end of the joke was hilarious. :)


Using some school time to get some seeds planted! Hopefully our garden does better than last year!


Davy Pictures :)


Lindy is constantly drawing me pictures. There are several patterns in each picture. It's usually a picture of she and I, and it usually has our names on it somewhere. I feel bad not keeping all of them, but I'll bet she has drawn me hundreds. Here's a very small sampling.


Conference weekend! So fun to have nieces and nephews come be with us!


Lindy being really excited about finishing her number play-doh mats. :)


We got rid of our dog Ginger. She was such a sweet dog, but she caused trouble for us one too many times. She nearly caused our rabbit population to go extinct and killed 2 chickens. There were other annoyances, but her relations with the "live-stock" was what solidified our decision. We were sad to see her go, but I'm relieved I don't have to deal with mud being tracked through the house, cleaning up her I'm-so-excited-to-see-you-pee, and sweeping up broken dishes from when she climbed on the table to eat scraps while we were gone. The woman that came to pick her up said she needed an affectionate dog. Bingo. Ginger took to her right away. We were happy to know she went to a good home.


Number 8 punch board FHE to help Gwen get ready for her upcoming baptism.


I chopped off my hair! I have been wanting to donate my hair for quite some time now. It felt appropriate to cut it now since both my Mom and Sister-in-law Natalie are fighting cancer. And I must say, I'm loving my short hair. It's way easier to take care of that I was expecting!


Lindy protecting Benson during a scary part in a show. :)


Zoo Day! There was a Canyon Grove field trip to the Zoo that we attended even though it was snowing that morning and cold throughout the day. It was my first big outing with all 5 kids and I was quite nervous. It was cold, Davy had his first blow out, Benson pooped his pants, I had to leave my bench where I was nursing Davy to sit with Benson on the carousel because he was scared; all while keeping Davy latched on and nursing him in front of all the parents waving and taking pictures of their kids. Ugh. Despite all that, it was actually a really fun outing. Because it was cold, it wasn't crowded at all and the animals were all active. Gwen's favorite was the leopard, Lindy's was a giraffe, and Miles liked the Lion. The older 3 helped me keep track of Benson, and at the end insisted on going into the gift shop because they had brought their own money. It's hard for me to not be controlling of their spending. Especially when Gwen spends $20 on a cheap nail kit at the Zoo gift shop. Ha! Lindy bought an awesome stuffed giraffe, and Miles bought a pen that switches colors. Benson got a sucker from mom as a consolation prize.



Benson...being a stinker. He hauled every.single.towel we own into the bath with him one night, while I was dealing with Davy. I wasn't too thrilled with that.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...