Sunday, March 1, 2015

Photography Class

For Christmas I bought myself a photography class. Last Christmas, we bought ourselves a nice camera. We both love photography and have dreamed about starting a side business for years, so finally buying the camera was a big deal. However, I didn't really know anything about how to use it! I took a photo class in college, but it was a film class and it was so long ago. So I've been using the Auto settings for a year, too nervous to play with any of the buttons. This class was once a week, for 6 weeks. I am light years away from where I want to be. But I am finally on Manual Mode!! WAHOO! :) I'm comfortable playing with different settings and it was such a good experience for me. I'm going to post some pictures I took that were part of assignments given to us. The very last class, he had some models come and we just shot away.(I took about a million photos here, but for your sake, I'm only including a "few".) I felt so legit. :)As a warning, these girls weren't particularly modest. All of the pictures are natural light (Obviously, because I haven't forked out the money for lighting equipment) but I did include a couple from the photoshoot where we got to play around with a strobe, reflectors etc. So fun!
My next fear to conquer is....photoshop!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Good photos! Liked them all, but especially Lindy's eyes! Oh and the one that I can't tell what it is...........kind of neon swirls! Proud of you! Keep up the good work!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...