Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lately

Gwen LOVES getting dressed. Period. Whether it's dressing up as a princess/ballerina/cowgirl etc etc etc, or changing her clothes multiple times throughout the day. I told her to go get dressed one morning and this is how she came out. Plaid pants, striped shirt, and jean-flower jumper over it all. Love it.


We love our "Aunt Kenna". :) We get together for music time most Wednesdays and when she came to our house the other day, she had all sorts of rainbow activities, songs, and snacks to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Good thing she was on top of it because I didn't even think about it. On March 17th, I actually remembered it was St. Patrick's day at some point in the morning, but was too lazy to have the kids change into something green. Good thing the kids didn't seem to mind!


I had been wanting to get the kids some plain ol' wooden blocks for some time. When I researched their prices, I was astounded. Hundreds of dollars for wooden blocks? I don't think so. That's why I was so excited to find an old set in a random diaper box at the DI for $5! I saved them for Gwen's bday and both kids have already gotten hours of play out of them. I love seeing the things they build!


Sibling cuddles in the morning!


Conference was wonderful wasn't it? As usual, I'm looking forward to reading the talks so I catch more of them. During actual conference, my time is mostly devoted to keeping the kids entertained, hoping it's a positive experience for them. I'm grateful to Miles' primary teachers for providing fun worksheets for Miles to work on during conference, cause once again, I slacked off. We made conference necklaces (I see a tradition in the making). We've made these before for road trips, but they were a hit for conference as well. Check out the pattern Miles made. :) Love my Rag-a-muffin babies.


Oh yeah, check it out. Smile caught on camera! This was an accidental, in sleep, smile. However, she's now smiling on purpose and it's the best thing ever.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I hope I'm not the only one reading your wonderful posts! I love them! I love Gwen's outfit, Miles's necklace, and Lindy's smile! I miss you all!

The Wallace Family said...

Wow! You caught a great smile right there! Wonder what she was dreaming about... I read all of your posts Nd love them!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...