Monday, April 7, 2014

Blessing Day

Normally, we would have waited a few months before blessing Miss Lindy. However, my parents were getting ready to leave on their mission to Latvia and we wanted to make sure my Dad was in the circle for the blessing. I hadn't thought that far in advance beforehand, so once we realized how soon my folks were leaving, we moved some things around to make it happen. It was the day after Gwen's 3rd birthday and the same Sunday as Uncle Jeffrey's farewell! (He leaves to Slovakia this Wednesday and we're going to miss him so much!) Lindy has only been around a month, but it's been an eventful one!
We were so glad the Garner boys, my Dad and Uncle Chris could stand in the circle to give our new addition her name and a blessing. We named her Lindy because it's our favorite dance (Lindy Hop) and was a major part of our courtship; June because we got married on June 26th, as did others in our family. She's growing into her name and is just the sweetest little baby. I feel like she's so big already, I have to keep reminding myself that she's still brand new.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We loved being with you for that special occasion! Thanks for moving things around to accommodate us. And we love all these pictures, but especially the ones at the very end.............the ones of Lindy in her blessing dress.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...