Monday, September 23, 2013

Here we go again!

I feel like the blog has taken on more of a "family log" role rather than more of a journal feel. I guess that's all well and good, it's still our family's history, but sometimes I wish the ol' blog muse would come sit on my shoulder and help me write something fun and entertaining in addition to being informative. It just hasn't been happening, and I suspect it's because every source of spare energy has gone into making something else.



Yep,I am with child again! This picture was taken at 10 weeks ladies and gents. 10 weeks and already showing, that's how I roll on baby #3 I guess. In this picture I had just finished canning about a million green beans and it was some crazy hour of the night/morning, hence the tired/disheveled/crazy person I look like. I walked into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought, "Hey, I actually look pregnant!" So I ran and grabbed the camera. I am now 16 weeks and showing even more. To most people it still looks as though I'm just gaining weight. I really hate this stage. If I want anyone to think I'm pregnant and not fat, I have to wear certain clothes, have eaten a certain amount through the day, get me at the right angle...blah blah blah. I'm ready for that obvious bump to appear.

We've hesitated announcing it on a bigger scale since it's taken us so long to get a baby to finally stick around. We had a miscarriage at 5 weeks last October and another miscarriage at 8 weeks in March. However, I feel confident enough a this point to announce it publicly and just hope and pray I don't have to eat my words later. We had a Dr. appointment last Friday and everything looks great, he even guessed it would be a girl at this point! Really?? I guess I'm just not anticipating a girl, I have my mind wrapped around a house full of mostly boys, but I'll be over the moon about boy or girl.

Now that I'm 16 weeks, I feel almost normal! Hooray! Despite how great I feel now, I'd say this has been the hardest pregnancy up to this point. That first trimester was a little rough. This was the first time I had definite food cravings. Like Gwen's pregnancy, in the first tri I had an aversion to processed foods and chocolate. How's that for a diet plan? Driving by billboards of cheeseburgers made me queasy. After a few weeks went by, things switched big and all I wanted was processed fatty foods! I would hear a commercial for KFC on the way home from the gym and just HAVE to have it! I never did, "I'm a good girl I am", but I would have Richie make me special grilled cheese sandwiches instead, complete with garden tomatoes and pickles grilled right along with the cheese. YUM. Sending me grocery shopping for a few months had it's downside. I bought all sorts of junk that we don't normally buy, like limon potato chips. I'm happy to report I'm back to normal, which means I can resist most food wants, unless it's Nutella and graham crackers.

We're so ready for this baby to be here! Ha! Tell that to March 8th, an eternity away. I told the kids I was going to the Dr.'s last Friday to check on the baby in my tummy and Miles said, "Oh! And you're going to squish the baby out today?" I told him no, not yet, and he whined. The kids know what's happening and are very excited. They've wanted another baby for a long time. Let's hope it stays that way once the baby gets here! Miles wants a boy, Gwen wants a girl, we just want a healthy baby.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to suffer through miscarriages Rachel! We had a couple stalls to get to this number 3 also. Congratulations to you and yours on baby #3, that is super exciting!! I hope you can continue to feel better and better!

Brian and Stacy said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Congratulations! Makenna had told me about your miscarriages when she was in Texas, so I've been really hoping for a healthy and wonderful third try for you guys and I'm so glad it's going well! So happy! I've struggled telling people publicly with #3 too, but mostly because I know too many people having a hard time getting pregnant (which is why my announcement was at the end of a picture post I assumed most people wouldn't read). By the way, I think you look pretty fantastic for doing that much canning! I would have looked like the devil crunched up my a dump truck. And you did it all while pregnant! You're kind of amazing, you know!

Shelley said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for your family.

Torgersons said...

Congrats on #3! So happy for you and your family. You're looking great. I agree that pregnancy #3 has been the worst. I definitely felt the sickest this time around. Glad you're feeling better now!

Callahan's said...

Wahoo! Congrats! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well. You sure have cute kids...I'm sure baby #3 will be just as adorable :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Congrats! I think you look pregnant and beautiful =)Hope the pregnancy goes quickly for you.

Laura Edwards said...

Woot! Woot!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...