Wednesday, September 4, 2013

End of August

Blogging...HA! I feel like there isn't any time for this ol' blog of mine lately. So here's a few pictures to prove that we are alive and well in the Garner home.

I had a good thrift store day earlier in August and found Miles some "new" clothes. My mom and dad have been de-junking their house lately and they found this gem that Gwen is wearing. It is actually a baby dress that my Aunt Peachy and Uncle Roland brought home from Germany for my oldest sister Jenn, back in the day. I think it's the cutest, and made Gwen squeeze into it for an impromptu photo shoot. I knew that was the only time she'd fit into it, so I snagged the opportunity. Dang, my kids are cute.


We've been getting in as much park and outside time as possible. Before we know it, we'll be stuck inside! Miles has mastered the climbing wall at Riverton Park.


And the real reason there hasn't been any blogging lately:






We've been canning up a storm here with all of our lovely garden produce. Hallelujah! We've also gotten plenty from the Garner and from free sources we find around town or on ksl. It's like a dream come true watching all those shelves fill up with full bottles again!! Mom, I even channeled Grandma Hinckley while I did some peaches the other day and made sure only the pretty sides were showing and carefully placed each one in the jar to maximize the aesthetics. We've also been gearing up for school! Both our neighborhood joy school group and the class I'm teaching professionally. We've had all of our trainings, meetings, parent orientations, and yesterday was the first official day. I was so nervous, but I think it went as well as could be expected. I've got 10 girls and 3 boys! (yessssss!) and all of them can hold a marker the right way! (score!!!) Richie's also started back to teaching and is glad to be back in the swing of things. He even picked up an early morning class this year. That means all of us (meaning me) are going to bed earlier. I must really love this guy.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Please don't ever stop keeping your blog! So glad you know how to shop the bargain stores and can your own produce! Grandma Hinckley would be almost as proud as I am. And your photography is wonderful!.....even though cute kids always make for wonderful photography.

Love you! Miss you!

Adrienne said...

Wow - that's all I can say... Wow!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...