Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cousin Connection

Every couple of years the Hinckley side gets together again. Originally a family of 8 children, and then 49 grandchildren, it has since multiplied until there are currently almost 300? Is that right mom? So obviously it's hard for everyone to get together even on a semi-regular basis. This year we had about 2/3rds of the family meet up for an evening at Ensign Peak. We rode the bumpy wagon, ate yummy food, caught up with cousins, learned more about Grandpa Hinckley and watched a movie about the old farm. It was so fantastic! For the longest time I've been wanting to show Richie my grandparents house up on 12th Avenue, but the timing was never right. This time the stars aligned and the man living there now even let us come inside and walk around the backyard to check everything out. Maybe it's just because I'm overly emotional, but I held back tears the entire time until I could get in the car. :) It's a pretty special house, full of wonderful memories.

Another great thing about the reunion was that we got to hang out lots with A and her kids, Russ and Nat and their kids, and mom and dad! We spent Saturday morning up on temple square and thereabouts. We toured the conference center and snapped a quick photo next to Alonzo Arza Hinckley in the hall of the apostles, (my great-grandpa). We checked out a little of City Creek Mall and tried to stay out of the rain as much as possible. What a fantastic way to spend a weekend! I tried to steal pictures from my mom's blog, but it's not working, so for now all you get it this one.

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Somehow I missed this post before. Love the picture of my grandkids with my grandfather's picture!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...