Friday, October 28, 2011

Week in Review

Sometimes I feel like a bad mom because I'm ornery and let my kids watch more movies than they should. Like yesterday, and probably today. It wasn't even 8am before I had my first breakdown. Yikes...could be a long one.
Other times I feel like a great mom, like in all these pictures! Which is why I choose to post these!
Miles and I went on our first date the other day! It was totally impromptu one Friday night. Sometimes it's really nice living in the middle of town. We just walked a few blocks up the road to a frozen yogurt place and used a buy one get one free coupon. I swear, this is the only decent picture out of 10 or so I took.

Gwen's trying out a new face these days. Miles started pulling faces at this same age. It's fun to see such a personality start to emerge.


We had a fun dinner the other night with some friends of ours who have twin boys who are a year old. It still cracks me up that Gwen is about the same size.

We went to our ward Halloween party the other night. Miles was having a blast until some kid showed up in a scary mask. Then he stuck close to mommy! Gwen is learning how to wave! We got Gwen's costume from my sister-in-law (Thank you again!!) so we decided to make Miles a spider to go along with some sort of bug theme. I took the easy way out again and just bought him black pants and a black shirt and hot glued sections of backer rod shaped like spider legs to the back of his shirt. It took about 10 minutes, no sewing required and was super cheap. My kind of costume. This is the first year Miles has actually liked wearing a costume. It's pretty fun.



I managed to squeeze some actual quality time in yesterday between the movie watching and laying on the floor. :) We played with the leaves outside and both kids loved it! I wish I would have gotten more pictures.


When Richie came home, who had also had a hard day, we decided to throw caution to the wind and head out to a straw maze. Never mind that it was a week day or that it was almost dark outside, or that it was 40 degrees at best. It was the best part of the entire day, probably week! Last year we went to a straw maze when I was pregnant with Gwen and Miles didn't really like it. This year Miles thought it was awesome!! We gave him a flash light and he led us around the maze for a good 30 minutes. Whenever he came upon a dead end, he would stop running and shout, "Oh No! Deh Eh!! Quick, Dis Way!! C'mon Mommy, Daddy, Bay Gwe!"

9 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

You could never be a bad mom! But some days are just harder than others.

The kid's costumes are so cute.....and the kiddos wearing the costumes are even cuter! They're growing up so fast!

Thanks for this post!

Makenna said...

oh my heck! so cute! that leather coat looks good on Rich btw :) it sounds like you are coping the same way I do- i'm working on catching myself before I resort to the tv. sigh, its so easy to turn on and leave on. Autumn is magical!

Katie said...

Rachel you are so gorgeous! I love the kids halloween costumes, cuteness! I had been working on my kids costumes for this year (just painting on some stripes) and then they got sick... two weeks later I went to Once Upon a Child and bought what I wanted instead, lol. So kudos to you!

The Wallace Family said...

Haha, there is nothing wrong with a couple of good Disney movies :) but I love the fact that you went on a mother and son's date with Miles and went to a straw maze and played in the leaves! All awesomely fun activities :) Love ya!
Taysom

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

What darling costumes! How fun! Plus, you look amazing! :)

Adrienne said...

I am so glad to know that you are human! I went on a date with Paris last week and it was the funnest night I've had in a long LONG time. It was really special for me. The costumes are way cute and so are you guys! Love you - Adrienne

Becca said...

Love the costumes and the kids! That spider is so creative! I can't believe how much Gwen is changing every time I see a picture of her. You have such a charmed life. :) Love you guys!

Becca said...

Adorable pictures. And I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has breakdowns. ;) You're a great mom.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I love how Miles' costume turned out! Gwen is cute in hers too!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...