Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Seminary Fairy Tale



Once upon a time, there was a man; a man who wanted to teach seminary. He got dressed in his best seminary teacher-looking outfit and drove 15 minutes south to the magical kingdom of Rigby Junior High. He settled into his very own office and prepared to teach his first lesson in the classroom his rockin' wife helped him decorate. (Shout out!) But things took a turn for the worst when the air conditioning went out and over 10 extra kids were added to every class, making it over 40 hormonal teenagers to corral in every class.

The young seminary teacher came home bruised and battered. But because of his noble character, he immediately started to plan for better lessons and better classroom management for the next day, so as to slay the bad behavior quickly and teach precious gospel truths. He armed himself with visual aides, well thought out questions and object lessons. He received help from his supervisor, king over all the seminary teaching land, and the class sizes were changed to be a normal, manageable number. The air conditioning even decided to cooperate!
And so our brave hero reigned victorious for the next two days, resulting in kids who were crying because they didn't want to be taken out of Brother Garner's class, some serious gospel learning and testimony growing.
So far it looks as though we may live happily ever after.





The End.

11 comments:

Brian and Stacy said...

This is crazy to me! I can't believe he's old enough to be a teacher.:) i'm sure it's because we will never be done with school, so everyone else should still be in school too, right? Seriously, that is so exciting that he's teaching! He will be such a great and fun teacher. You deserve that shout out too. The room looks great!!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

I love, love, love this post! Go Richie! That's so awesome!

The Wallace Family said...

Sweet! I love happy endings :) And the room looks awesome, Rachel.

Becca said...

I LOVED reading this post! I also laughed out loud (I know lol, but I can't bring myself to use it) when I saw that first picture of Richie. You guys are such a crack-up! Great job decorating!

Unknown said...

So cool! What great blessings will come to your family! Keep up the good work and enjoy every minute! Great decor too!

Shelley said...

AWW!!! What a great post! His classroom looks great! I'm sure he is an awesome teacher! Is that his first day picture? Love it!

Makenna said...

How I love this! I am so proud of Richie-living the dream!!!!! And it really helps that his wife is so capable and can decorate the room SO DARN CUTE!!!!!! Love you guys-missed you this weekend!

Sarah and Cam said...

The room looks awesome!! Great work! That's so exciting for you guys!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

What a great post! Wish I could be a fly on that fun classroom wall and watch Rich work his magic on those kids! you make a great team!

Laura Edwards said...

How awesome! I bet he's a great teacher!

McKenna said...

Wahoo! I know how much he has wanted to pursue this dream of his. Yes, you rock... I love how you decorated it! I hope that everything only improves for you guys from this moment on. These kids need great seminary teachers that have the ability to make learning the gospel fun and give them the opportunity to feel that sweet spirit. I know the Lord will bless such a wonderful family!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...