Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Opposition in all things...right??

It's times like this that I love being a mom.

Simple, pure joy, honest, complete love and on and on and on!

It's times like this when I think, "I shouldn't have laughed and thought it was cute and taken a picture the first time."

Because now when Gwen wakes up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep and I go in to see what the matter is, and I find Miles in the crib with her, I want to be SO mad. He's just trying to cuddle with her and share pillows and stuff, but it makes me a tad nervous. And angry.

Lately I've been having a lot of "those" days where I start out completely content and just in awe of my great life, and by 3 o clock, I'm ready to punch someone's lights out. So Richie walks in and sees me collapsed on the floor and Miles jumping on me and he asks, "What's for dinner?" I growl at him and he scoots into the kitchen and makes us french toast or something. :) I guess some days are just like that.

9 comments:

mylyn wood said...

so glad you said this! i feel like this alllll the time and feel bad about it. glad to know it's normal :-) we really are so lucky to have such beautiful families but sometimes it's a rough job!

Tanners said...

i found your pack.

is gwen 6 months yet. my hormones swing something terrible at six months. you are describing my days to perfection, when i don't have sleep, and my hormones are wacky.

Katie said...

Amen, I know that feeling well. Miles looks so happy in that second picture, I think it was pure genius of Heavenly Father to make children so cute and sweet, because some days I don't know how they would survive otherwise ; ) You are an awesome person Rachel!

The Wallace Family said...

Guess what... Some days are still like that with a 17 year old, 16 year old, 12 year old, and 11 year old. Love you!!!

Shelley said...

Thank you for posting this!! I'm glad other moms feel the same way I do. Matt made dinner tonight. Yep...I had that same kind of day. Oh man I wish we could have a play date! I miss you guys!!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Yup! Some days ARE like that! But those are the cutest pictures!

Becca said...

I understand all too well. If you want to feel better, just go in their room at night after they're asleep and wait for your heart to melt. It usually takes about 2 seconds. Works for me every time. :)

Kayla said...

haha i love miles smiles :) hes so cute! i know exactly how you feel... especially with the 3 o' clock thing. for some reason that time of day is hard for me too!

Tanner Family said...

Welcome to the life of being a mother of 2. I know exactly what your feeling I have the same situation and Paul does the same thing that Rich does. Eventually we will get to the point where we do not want to hurt somebody.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...