Monday, December 13, 2010

Making a List and Checking it Twice

Got the downloading pictures problem figured out, so here are some pictures of things that have been occupying our time lately! For some reason we feel a sense of urgency to get all these little projects and things accomplished before the end of the year, so we've been busy around our home making lists and checking things off. Love that feeling!

We finally finished painting the office areas of the storage facility! I didn't bother taking before pictures, but it was just regular white walls and the boxes we had for sale etc. Now there's a cheery coat of paint and a bit of decor! It was a big project for Richie and I to undertake in our spare time, so we feel accomplished.







We also finished Miles' new big boy bed! I know the color probably looks crazy on the pictures, and it is a little bright, but you'll just have to trust me, if I can do everything I want to do in Miles' room to make it over, the bed will look super cool. I hope... For now, it just looks kind of out of place. Who said getting your toddler to sleep on a big bed would be hard? Holy cow, easiest transition of any transition we've made yet! He never tries to climb out, goes right to sleep just like he's in his crib. I'm wondering if once he gets use to it he'll start being sneaky, but I'm just going to knock on wood for now. :)




I made this the other night! We had some friends over to celebrate Christmas and I was so excited to make this gingerbread, raspberry trifle. It looked amazing!! Too bad the taste wasn't as good as what I was expecting. Still good, just not worth the effort.


Richie is such a good dad! The other day he came home from his lunch break and decided to take Miles sledding on the huge snow plow mound behind the storage units. I'd venture to say Richie was more excited than Miles. Miles hated it the entire 5 minutes they were outside. I don't blame him. It was cold! Maybe next time sweetheart!

5 comments:

Becca said...

I think that painting job is impressive. I know how much work it is to paint one wall, let alone all of those! Way to go! When I read the first sentence about Miles's "big boy bed," I skipped ahead to the pictures, because I thought it was going to be one from Knock-Off Wood. :)

Linny said...

hey, you're supposed to my my ally when it comes to having rambunctious boys, you can't say the big boy bed transition was so easy! (it's not going so well for us, lol)

I also painted Lincoln's bed, and it looks just like Miles except it's red, how funny! (oh and the office looks AMAZING!)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

So you found a mattress. Looks cute! Can't wait to see it in person. Lucky you that the transition was easy...hopefully it stays that way. Hopefully he can't open doors otherwise you'll be getting a nice awakening someday. James like to say wake up Mommy or kiss my face. =D

Miles' hat looks great on him. Good job making it.

The painting you guys did looks great; love the color.

READING WITH GRANDMA said...

Nice paint job(s)! The office looks great and the bed will be even cuter when you get all your coordinating fabric, accessories, etc. in there. Sorry the sledding incident wasn't fun for Miles. Was that a cookie sheet he was using for a sled?

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I have to say that I don't enjoy sledding that much either. It seems as though I always hit my noggin' really hard. Plus, I hate being cold.
The office color looks lovely, and I think that Miles's (I hope I punctuated that correctly) that bed is adorable.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...