Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deck the Halls

The halls have been decked. Check and double check. Here's a few picture of what our place looks like as of today! My mom taught me a good rule when decorating for any holiday. Always take down something if you put something else up! It helps it look like you did it on purpose and it's not half so cluttery. Our camera isn't that great, so the quality of the pictures doesn't do the real deal justice. Guess you'll just have to come up and visit! Not that it's amazing, it's just fun and I like the way our house feels. How about that home-made tree eh? I'd still like to make a tree skirt, but we'll see what I get to. One of the pictures wouldn't download, but I re-used the shiny, glass ornaments that we inherited and gave them new life in glass vases. Really simple idea and you can find those type of ornaments at the DI anytime. Happy Holidays!




8 comments:

Torgersons said...

Hey, Rachel. I make felt stockings too! I love them. :)

The Wallace Family said...

Wow! It is beautiful-truly! I love that you strung popcorn (:

Becca said...

What a great idea to put glass ornaments in a clear vase! I might have to copy.

The Wallace Family said...

Your house looks so pretty!!! :) I'm excited to put up our own Christmas decorations. Oh I love this time of year!

Taysom

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Nice "halls" Rach. Now you should come to my house and decorate. My halls are barren and empty.

Pili girl~ said...

My darling friend! I love the pictures. I know - I'm horrible at keeping in touch. Sure miss you. Love to the family, and congrats on baby #2!!!!!!! Wish I could be there. :(

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Your decorations are wonderful! And they represent a lot of work on your part! (I've tried stringing popcorn before, and it's not as easy as it looks!) Now just add some Harry Connick Jr. Christmas music to your blog and I'm totally in the mood!

Becca said...

You are so cute and clever. The perfect housewife. :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...