Monday, September 27, 2010

Makin' Cookies

This past weekend was bittersweet. Sweet because Richie was super dad and took Miles most of the weekend so I could do some things just for me, like go to the gym and the RS broadcast. It was also bitter because it made the forecast for Monday and the rest of the usual week seem especially monotonous. Does that ever happen to you? I hope you are nodding in agreement. Well Sunday was just one of those small tender mercies in that the weather was nice, we had a relaxed morning, made some cookies and enjoyed being together all day.
Here's Miles relaxing. :) It cracks me up (and maybe worries me a little) how zoned out he gets when he watches a movie.


Then while Richie was at choir, we made a mess. I mean, we made cookies. Miles REALLY likes to help me out in the kitchen, so I let him "help" me mix the dry ingredients. He usually throws all of his spoons in the bowl and then chooses one to eat from. He then pulls out spoonfuls of flour etc, eats is and says, "MmmM! mmMMm!mmMMM!" like it tastes really good. Crazy kid. Here's the process from beginning to end, complete with doing the dishes and eating the fruit of our labor. In that last picture I asked him to show me what he was eating and this is the pose I got! I only wish there was a mustache drawn on his finger. That picture would have been even more awesome.




In case you're interested, here's a short pregnancy update. I'm about 15 weeks and doing pretty well! We had a little scare and thought I may have miscarried, but all the doctors assure me everything looks great and I shouldn't be worried at this point. Whew! They also said for me not to paint any walls yet or anything, but it looks like it may be a girl! I'm coming out of the first trimester with all the benefits and downfalls of entering the beginnings of the 2nd. Pros: I have more energy and the "nesting" instincts are coming back. I don't feel as "gross" and can eat mostly anything. (Good and bad considering I had an aversion to processed and sugary foods for the 1st trimester) Cons: I'm not truly showing a bump yet. But I sure am showing like I need to go on a diet. I hope all you moms out there know what I mean. It's the time where people look at you and think, "Is she pregnant?? Nah, it just looks like she is gaining some weight" Along with my changing body is that problem where nothing fits. Regular clothes don't fit, neither do maternity. Sigh....

8 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, I so know what you mean. At that stage in pregnancy (especially with #2) I wanted to carry around a sign that said "I'm pregnant- not just fat" lol. So excited for you and so glad everything's going well.

Linny said...

that Miles is such a crack up!!
We had the same kind of scare with Lincoln when i was pregnant, but the same thing happened, everything was fine and we were able to find out he was a boy early, at 15 weeks! Congrats!!

Makenna said...

Love the messy face pic! you should send these to Ross :) I'm hearing ya about clothes not fitting . . . except i'm on the other end of pregnancy. I'm so excited its a freaking GIRL! bout time for our family! she is going to be SO spoiled!

The Wallace Family said...

Loved, loved, loved this post!!! And yes, I can relate. Miles is ADORABLE - he kind of reminds me of you zoning out in front of a movie. You loved your movies, and dad was always supplying you with a new one :)

Joci said...

Totally understand the "awkward fat or pregnant" time! No worries, I'm sure that baby will be poking out any minute now! Congrats, again! That's so exciting! Hope your energy stays up and you keep feeling great!

Becca said...

Yay, I hope it is a girl! Dressing them up and decorating their rooms and such is so much more fun! You should see poor Theo's room, compared to the girls' room. Super cute post. :)
I know what you mean about the awkward stage of pregnancy. I never have anything to wear either. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm saving the picture of Miles smiling with cookie dough all over, for the calendar. It's a classic. Daddy likes the all guy pose watching TV.

When will you know for sure if it's a girl? So exciting!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I have saved some of my girl clothes for you, so let me know if you have another ultrasound in the near future.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...