Monday, July 20, 2009

Cute Boys, Rice Krispie Sushi and Swing

Just some cute pictures of my boys


Sorry, problems uploading.

This is our date night activity. We invited Mike and Megan over and we ate sweet and sour chicken, stir fry, made sushi out of rice krispies, sweedish fish, gummi worms and fruit roll ups. We even made a few nigiri. So fun! I was surprised at how widespread this idea is! If you just type it into google, you get lots of ideas! Then we were going to watch "The Last Samuri" to fit in with our Asian theme, but clean flicks was all out of it, so we rented "Slumdog Millionaire" instead and called it "Srumdog Mirrionaire" so that it still counted as Asian. Now, now...don't get offended. We really liked the movie and it didn't even have any Asians in it! :)



The other night, our dance hall and a local "jazz club", I guess, combined our forces and had an awesome night at the woodside! A 9 piece jazz band and a packed dance hall. It doesn't get much better. They encouraged everyone to dress up, so Richie wore his Zoot suit and I wore one of his sailor outfits. We took Miles over to the Christensen's house and we had a great night dancing!



Can you tell what famous picture we are trying to re-create? I don't blame you if you can't tell, we did a terrible job. I couldn't stop laughing.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Those pictures are so cute! Such a handsome little boy! That rice krispie sushi looks delicious :)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Your date nights are awesome! Tell us how to do the sushi....I bet our college girls would love it! Looked like a great night at Woodside too!

Tyler and Sheree said...

Little Miles is getting so big. I can't believe I haven't been able to give him more kisses!! Love and miss you guys.
Auntie Sheree

The Wallace Family said...

You guys are living it up!!! Sushi and going out dancing - Woohoo :) What a fun idea, how did you find out about it?

Rachel said...

I actually saw the idea for the rice krispie sushi on a relatives blog. Someone that she worked with had done 2 little ones during their lunch break out of similar stuff, so we went from there! So sadly, I can't take ALL the credit. :)

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I love all of it. Slumdog is amazing, huh?

Ian and Makenna James said...

you're torturing me with all those cute pictures of Miles! can't you just swing by while you're down to St. George and we can keep him for a while? :) no? (sigh) I really wanted to try that rice crispies sushi cause I'm not a big fan of the real stuff. it looks like some fun times! love and miss you guys.

sam said...

haha.. Srumdog Mirrionaire... You always kill me Rach. That sounds like something we would have come up with. Love the sushi idea. But I loved the sailor kissing the "girl" more. Hahaha, great reenactment, I totally got it!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...