Sunday, September 14, 2008

Doesn't he look excited?


His first day of school was actually this last Monday, but I haven't got around to posting it until now. Every semester I make him stand by the door with his backpack and everything so I can take his "first day of school" picture. :) I can't help it if I get such a kick out of it. I thought since all my brother's and sisters are posting pictures about their kids going to school, why should I be left out of that fun even if we don't have kids yet!? On Mon, Wed, and Fri Richie goes to work before school, so that's why he's got his grungy work clothes on. But then he changes out of them for school. He's got a big load on his plate this semester with 18 credits and trying to work. He also just got called to be our ward clerk! Yikes!
Student teaching is heating up for me as well. Starting this week, I'm taking over the entire mornings. I'm a little nervous since I'm not very familiar with the reading program. I also was just called to be the 1st counselor in the Relief Society.
Some more good news is neither Richie nor I are working at Western Wats anymore! Hooray!!! That was a terrible job and quite frankly we just couldn't handle it anymore. So I'm trying to get a job as a tutor and also I'll be grading papers for a high school teacher later in the Fall.
Sorry....this is sounding like a Christmas newsletter....The End. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

5 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Richie... How did you decide to wear what you did? Happy first day of school.

Jenn

*MARY* said...

Is he even holding an apple to give to his teacher? Precious!

Becca said...

Are those Richie's favorite shoes to wear on his first day of school? j/k
Glad you're staying busy, before you know it you'll have a cute little bundle. :)

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Holy cow. When are you 2 gonna have time to see each other? It's good that he is working hard to finish school now before the baby comes. I'm just so proud of you guys and you are so adorable that I could pinch your cheeks!

Chance and Kimi said...

Rachel!!!! Hey, I found your blog on Natalie's! How have you been? You two look so happy!!! I have a blog too, it's kcgurr.blogspot.com!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...