Saturday, September 20, 2008

Drumroll Please!


Alright, the results are in!! After a rushed and stressful doctor's visit, we finally come to a conclusion. We're having a BOY!!! Wahoo!!!! People had been telling me lately that they thought it would be a girl because apparently I'm "carrying high". So I'd almost convinced myself it would be a girl and was getting excited, but as soon as she pointed out to me that it was a boy, I was absolutely THRILLED!!! Good thing she could tell cause I had no idea what I was looking at. He was moving around so much, it took almost 30 minutes to get him to settle down enough to make a verdict! I would post the ultrasound picture like last time, but it's not nearly as cool and it looks kind of weird :) It was really cool to be able to see him move on the screen and feel it at the same time. WOW! So, for those of you who have any advice on how to raise boys, let me know!! :) I'd better start preparing! She said he's right on track, and actually growing quickly, so we may want to plan on having him early at this point.
Oh, and for those of you who are far away and don't have the 'opportunity' of watching my belly magically expand, here's an update. :) I'm wearing a tighter shirt so that you can't actually see the bump instead of the looser shirts that kind of hide it. And there you have it!

16 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

Oh how exciting! I voted boy on your poll. You'll have to let us know when you pick a name! Your bump is so cute. What a little pregnant lady you have become! Hope you are feeling well. Boys are great. Brandon is very easy going, cute, and cuddly. I am so excited for you!

*MARY* said...

You thought you were having a GIRL!? I take it you don't trust or respect your poll voters.
Congratulations!

The Wallace Family said...

I knew it!!! I am so excited for you guys! Rach, you are adorable. Can't wait to see you in December. Love you :)

The Batistas said...

YAY for boys! I'm excited for you. My advice to you is... Pad all your walls and hide anything you do not want to get broken. Boys are still sweet and cuddly but they are VERY active. CONGRATS

Natalie said...

Yay for boys!! I was the same way...everyone kept telling me that I was having a girl so I had it in my mind that it was. But we both secretly wanted a boy so we were so excited when they said it was a boy. COngrats!!!

Becca said...

That's funny people thought you were having a girl because you were carrying high. Everyone thought I was having a boy, because my belly looked like a basketball! Congrats, I'm sad I won't see your prego belly in person, but you look adorable in the picture! :)

Russ and Natalie said...

Can we borrow your instruction book on making boys? That's exciting Rach. BTW, Russ Garner sounds really good eh?

Russ

sam said...

Who said it was BOY?! This girl! Oh man, your little belly is so adorable I can't even stand it. I love you and can't wait to be an aunt :)

Ericka said...

HURRAY! how exciting! you need to come down here so we can throw you a shower or maybe the exec sisters will have to head up there!

Chance and Kimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL!!!! That is so exciting!!! You said you were due in January right? CONGRATS! A baby boy!! YEAH!!! :)

Adrienne said...

Congratulations Rachel and Richie! George says, "Rachel, I like you and I love you. I hope you're having a fun time in Rexburg. I hope you have a fun time too. and so you can have a nice time at your school and I hope you'll be done by afternoon and later if it does it later OR in the afternoon. I hope you should name your boy Frankenstein or Scooby Doo." Those are his exact words... Mom told us the news the other day and we're all happy for you and glad that you have a healthy little bundle of "joy." I'll give you all my boy raising tips some other time - wait a minute I don't have any - I just try to survive and have a little fun if I can. Love you - Adrienne and Fam

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Rusty Garner sounds made up, like the name, James Bond. I picture Rusty Garner being played by John Wayne in an old Western movie. He would be from Texas, and "Don't Mess With Rusty" would be his motto.

Nat

Karamea said...

hooray for you! boys are so fun! i may not have any of my own but i grew up with 5 of them!!!

one thing i know is that boys sure do love their moms!!!! i mean so do girls, but i've always noticed that boys just can't help but give in when their mom is sad or needs help or something. they're just so cute. and i'm sure with you raising a little man he's gonna be the sweetest one around! lady killer!!

Unknown said...

yay! CONGRATS- that is SO exciting!!!

Unknown said...

congrats little boys are going to be fun

Tanna said...

Hey a little late but congrats on finding out its a boy! We just found out ours is a girl! Also we got sealed on oct 7. I also voted boy on your poll lol. ALso you look more preg than i did in you pic rofl. I will have to post a pic too.Congrats!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...