Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First Ultrasound


I got to go to my first doctor's visit the other day and it was so fun! They did an ultrasound so I got to see how the baby is progressing. It was nice to know that there really is a baby inside of me and I'm not just getting chubby and that this is really happening! She said the heartbeat is strong at 174 beats per minute on average. It's to early to tell the sex, but she said if she had to guess, she would say boy at this point. Who knows!? It was moving around a lot, which is so crazy to me since I can't feel it yet. She burned the entire ultrasound onto DVD which is really cool, and if I can figure out how to get it on here. Anyway, this is the picture she gave us from the ultrasound. Is it just me, or is there an uncanny resemblance to a skull and cross bones? :) So I guess our baby's gonna be a pirate! The crossing section are it's legs, the big round area is it's abdomen, and the little black dot inside the abdomen is, I think she said, the bladder. There you have it! Our baby's first picture!!!

9 comments:

Torgersons said...

My first thoughts were "that looks like a skull and crossbones," so you took the words right out of my mouth! A pirate baby would be awesome. FUN!

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

oh my goodness!!! YEY! So super excited for you guys!

Becca said...

I'll be sure to buy your boy or girl a skull and crossbones onesie. That is too funny.

*MARY* said...

I think your baby new exactly what he was doing. He purposely made his body contort into a skull and crossbones sign because he was warning you guys to look away or else...DANGER!
He was just trying to scare you into giving him some privacy. He's naked and obviously doesn't want to be seen even if it is utrasoundically.

Natalie said...

Rach,
I'm so glad you found my blog!! I'm so excited to have my little boy! The ultrasound was so exciting! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

The Childrens Nest said...

Hi Rachel! This is Tiffany, Madeline's aunt from the Childrens Nest blog! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Please feel free to share it with everyone you know :o) By the way congrats on your little one! Being a mother is the best thing in the world!!! Take care...
Tiffany

The Batistas said...

I'm excited for you! (skull & crossbones) That really was what i thought when i saw the pictue as well! what a cool picture to have!

Becca said...

Hey Rach, thanks so much for the b-day card. You are always on top of things and so considerate. :) I loved it!

Greg and Mel said...

Hey Rachel, congrats on the baby! I didn't even know you got married last year, thats how out of it I am! (this is melanie smith by the way!) I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy, motherhood is so much fun! Our blog is mickfamily02.blogspot.com if you wanna come visit :)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...