Friday, June 27, 2008

One year down...eternity to go!!

Bring it on! Right before we got married I remember quite a few people telling us this first year was going to be a bumpy ride and that it would be really hard. I'll admit, it takes some getting used to living with a guy! But, Richie and I both agree this has been the best year of our lives! It's been such an awesome year filled with growth neither of us ever expected. I'm so glad I married my best friend, it sure makes life a lot funner. And it's even better when your best friend is a good looking, sweet, smart, talented guy who will watch Anne of Green Gables with me if I really want him to, even though it's not his 'favorite'! :) I sure lucked out! Love you babe!


To celebrate we went to a fantastic Thai restaurant called "Mai Thai" in the Eagle/Boise area. (We didn't get any pictures! What were we thinking! So, if you want to check out the actual area, here's the website: (http://www.maithaigroup.com/) Wow! It was so good and the whole ambiance of the place made the meals even better. Richie had a curry dish (called the "Evil Jungle Prince". I got a kick out of that), cause he can handle the spicy stuff. Myself on the other hand played it safe with some Chow Mien. Our waiter also got us some free Summer Rolls (Sushi) which were very tasty. We splurged and even ordered Dessert. There was a particular dessert item called "Captain Jack" for $7.95, that was served on fire, so we thought we'd get that. LAME! We learned our lesson. The ice cream reminded us of Brian Regans bit on 1/2 cup ice cream servings, and the fire was pretty weak sauce. We passed Coldstone on the way home where we could have gotten double for the same price, and kicked ourselves the rest of the way! :) Moral of the Story, don't ever order an ice cream dessert that is served on fire! Especially for over $7! It was a really fun experience though and a great way to celebrate our first, fantastic year of marriage!

Sorry about no pictures! I'll try and post some later!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Ben and I thought your story was funny. :)

Zadi said...

Happy one year anniversary!!!!:) Hope to see you guys for Christmas.Love ya!

karlee said...

Hello! So happy to stumble across your blog. Its Karlee Lemon (Larson). Congrats on the "bun in your oven." My husband practically forces the birth control down my throat at night. jk. Glad to see your happy!

Pili girl~ said...

I'm so glad that your first year together was a great one! My first year was great as well. Probably not as fun as the two of you, but hey, what can you say! Yup, my husband is the best!

Okay, waaaay lame! Dude, I'm not even married! ha ha ha!!!

Um... so, when are you coming home? =)

Torgersons said...

Rachel! I'm adding your blog to my list of blogs on my blog (that was a lot of blogs). I'm so excited you're having a baby!! You're due about the same time as my brother's wife. Fun!

*MARY* said...

Happy anniversary! If paper is the designated gift of the one year anniversary I wonder what you're supposed to give each other on the eterniteenth anniversary. Maybe a bunt cake? Anyway, in response to your comment, yeah, you're not alone in the wacky dream department, I have them nightly. And those pictures are just the normal Chinese wedding pictures, every married couple in China's got'em, that's how they roll. We took ours over a year after we got married though, just for funsies.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...