Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get your friz on






We're always trying to find fun but cheap things to do.  Here's our favorite thus far.  Go to a sports store, buy a nice frisbee, maybe 170 grams for about 7 bucks and you have hours of entertainment!! Tossing it around, ultimate frisbee, and our most recent favorite, frisbee golf.  You can play it absolutely anywhere, but we found an actual frisbee golf course at a park near where we are staying and it's great!  We have since gotten Brandon (13) and Cole (10) addicted to it and have purchased the actual frisbee golf discs!! By now, you are probably wanting some expert  advice on how to properly throw a frisbee during frisbee golf. Here's the tried and true techniques we have accumulated. 1. Bring your game face (as demonstrated above) 2. cross your left foot over your right in order to wind up (also demonstrated above) 3. keep the disc flat 4. flick your wrist  5. Never under-estimate the grunt and 6. Wear shorts just in case you have to wade into a still pond full of duck poop to retrieve your disk!   Happy Frisbee-ing!

8 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

$7 bucks on one frisbee is too rich for my blood.

Becca said...

I've never even heard of frisbee golf, sounds like fun.

Rachel said...

Oh it is. We will teach you. It's nice cause you don't have to be way good, you can play it by yourself or with others, it's totally free (besides the disc cost) and you don't even have to have a real course to play it!

B and B Slack said...

Hi Rach, I honestly can't really remember how I found your blod, but am so excited I did. I sure miss you. Hope all is well!
-Brooke

Rachel said...

Brooke!! I'm so glad you found it! I'm so excited! Are you still at Christensen's? let me know what your blog address is so I can 'come visit'! -Rach

Laura Edwards said...

CHEL-RA! I am so happy you have a blog! So when did you move out of Utah?

*MARY* said...

I was cruising the blogevaurd looking at some friend's blogs and then looking at their friends blogs when I stumbled upon your blog. Holy cow Rachel Crosby was that really you?! scroll down a bit and there's my proof, a picture of you and Brother and Sister Crosby! Jeepers what a pleasant surprise! Welcome to blogdom!

my address is myglobofblog.blogspot.com

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Happy happy birthday Rachel dear! Thanks for Liesl's card, I haven't sent out thank you cards yet, but I wanted to let you know how much she loved it.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...