Wednesday, June 24, 2020

First half of June


We made it to Thanksgiving Point- Farm Country one last time before we moved! Having to make reservations because of Covid has its drawbacks, but it certainly helps limit crowds, and I'm all for that! :)



Aunt Makenna invited us to go swimming with her at her in-laws. It was a real treat because most pools around here are still closed! We are really trying to soak up that cousin time! On the way back, we drove a way I don't normally drive and I passed this house that looked familiar. About 10 year ago, I saw a documentary on BYU-TV about "The Bread Lady" in downtown SLC who goes to stores to collect the unwanted food that is still good (but store are just going to throw away) and she brings it to her house and sets it on her porch for anybody who needs it. Lots of homeless people come to pick up food or clothes. I was so inspired watching it all those years ago.When I drove by the house, I immediately stopped, and asked around for the bread lady. I found her and, like a fan girl, asked if I could take a picture with her. She said, "I don't know why you'd want to", and I told her how much I admired what she was doing and that I just really looked up to her. She said, "Oh I'm no one special, I'm just an old lady trying to work my way into heaven!" and then she left to go unload a truck. The kids grabbed a few goodie and we left. I have been on a high ever since though. I met one of my heroes! :)


Dinner with Ben and Becca and family. It's been really awesome living only 30 minutes from them for the past 2 years, as opposed to 20 hours away. I'm going to miss our get togethers immensely!


My mom took a turn for the worse right after our Mother's Day luncheon. She started losing her vision and with it, so many other things. She was in great deal of pain and wasn't sleeping hardly at all. We were all so worried with this being the 2 year mark of her cancer diagnosis. I left Richie with the kids for the weekend and I went down to help. I made meals, cleaned, deleted thousands of duplicate photos on her computer, made sure she pushed the Dr.'s a bit and got her appointments sooner than later, helped her take new meds, took naps with her, etc. It was hard seeing her so unlike herself, but it was a truly special, even sacred weekend. So grateful I had the time (thanks Richie) to go do this.


One last trip to the Dinosaur Museum!


Lindy earned another blackout and chose breakfast date with Mom. She chose "The Black Bear Diner" and felt pretty darn special!


PODS were delivered. Moving began in earnest. Lots of selling things, lots of getting rid of things, lots of boxes to be packed.




Our 3rd offer fell through! So even though we said no more showings until we moved, we ended up doing two more. Back to Grandma and Grandpa's house! They built a really impressive network of tunnels in the sandbox. :)



Another dinner with friends! This one with Shae, Sierra, and Ashley. We've also had dinner with the Beckstroms, and the Andersons- And hosted one last cul-de-sac kickball session with neighbors! Lots of good friends.


I had promised all the kids friend birthday parties this year since we were moving. When Gwen's birthday came around, Covid had hit and we couldn't. So we postponed it till just recently! We did a color powder party. I made color powder out of cornstarch and tempera paint powder, and they got to run around in the white shirts and sunglasses throwing color powder at each other. Then we played some water games with balloons etc. It was a cute group of girls.


Miles earned a blackout and chose a movie night with friends. He had wanted to watch different movie and had to settle for another, but I think they all still had a good time. He has a few really good boy friends that I'm sad he's leaving.


Another Park Day, another cute Davy picture


One last trip to the Butterfly Biosphere. This outing had the most Covid restrictions, and therefore was a bit of a downer. Lots of hands on things were removed and you couldn't try to catch the butterflies, so there was a fair amount of whining. The upside was that we had the play structure all to ourselves, so we could tun around as we pleased and play hide and seek. :)



Other random pictures. One specifically being Lindy walking home with her friend Becksley. :) We are going to miss our neighbors the Holbrooks!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...