Saturday, July 18, 2020

2nd half of June

Our last night in the house! We had moved 99.9% out and were planning on staying for a few days at Richie's parent's house, but we brought over sleeping bags, cots etc and spent one last night in our home. Of course we slept poorly, but I think the memory made was worth it.




Photos of time while we stayed with G&G Garner. Cherry picking, playing with cousins etc. It was so nice to have their place to land while we were in between! Gwen also made sure she had me take her to Sister Costanza's house to say goodbye. Sister Costanza was the best piano teacher and Gwen really grew attached to her and learned a lot. Diane is one of the sweetest women on the planet and always treated Gwen so well. We are both really sad to leave her.


Father's Day! I always feel grateful for the wonderful Father's in my life. I was able to have a teary conversation with my Dad on Father's Day who is being the rock for my Mom right now. They are having to go through some truly challenging things, and my Dad keeps going with a positive attitude.


We spend a week in SG while in transition. We were originally planning on a huge 50th wedding celebration for my parents, so it worked out great that our PODS wouldn't even make it to Idaho until after the 26th. However, with my Mom's recent surgery and poor health, some plans changed. We decided to stay at a hotel time share thing that Adrienne and Chris helped us get, so that we wouldn't be staying with Mom and Dad and always in their hair. That meant me or Richie took one of the kids each night to visit with Mom and Dad. Definitely different from any other visit to SG we've ever had. It was truly humbling to see my Mom in her current state.



We rotated houses between my siblings and they hosted us for dinner each night. During the day, Richie set up window jobs in SG that kept him busy every single day in the extreme heat. (105 degrees, bless him) While my siblings kids were busy, and Richie was gone, the kids and I basically rotated between swimming and watching shows. It was awesome! Davy and pools aren't great yet, so that was a little challenging, but worth it. On our first time at the pool, we couldn't believe that some of our Riverton neighbors, the Peshells, were there! Colton is one of Miles's best friends so that was an awesome surprise.



The highlight of the trip for me was 1. Going over to Mom and Dad's with. my sisters and pampering my mom a little. We gently washed her hair (1st time since after her surgery), rubbed her feet, put together a shower chair, and we all rejoiced (and I do mean REJOICED) that she had eaten a very small amount of food that day. Truly miraculous. It was such a tender day for me. 2. We did a ZOOM celebration for their 50th wedding anniversary. Not exactly like we envisioned it, but still celebratory and heartfelt. My sister and I set up some decor and helped mom curl her hair etc. Erma made a cake and brought some to everyone's houses so we all had some refreshment. We did little skits of "growing up in the Crosby home", and Russ put together an amazing video montage of pictures from their 50 years of marriage. So many tears! :) When it was time to leave and head back up to SLC, that was probably one of the hardest times I've ever had saying goodbye to Mom and Dad. It was a wonderful week.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...