Saturday, January 4, 2020

Second Half of December

Tanner and Ondine get married!! And I only snagged 2 pictures! It was a beautiful event and we are so happy we were close by to participate. Yay for another sister in law!


Ross and Amanda came down for the wedding and Christmas. We had so much fun playing with them!!


Tired Lindy :)


Date night with Miles! Last time I did a round of date nights with the kids, they were pretty simple. This time I tried to make them a little more special. Miles suggested bowling. :) We went when it was surprisingly busy, so we played some arcade games while we waited. I let him use the tickets to pick prizes and he graciously let me pick a few candies. :) Then, our lane still wasn't ready, so we sat and people watched and took silly selfies together. :) When it was our turn, he asked me what name I wanted to be on the board. I said, "Other than Mom?" And he said, "Well you know, like_____" And I'm kicking myself now for not writing it down sooner, cause the name he suggested was hilarious. I said, "Sure I'll be ______. And you can be Alfonzo." Which he thought was hilarious. So we typed our names in and when it was my turn to bowl, he'd cheer for me with my fake name, and I'd cheer for him as Alfonzo. :) I showed him all the cool bowling shots, like granny style, and through your legs backwards. It was fantastic.


I also got in a date with Benson. Being a Mom to little kids rocks. I bought maybe $10 worth of nickels, let him choose any game he wanted and he was in heaven! When it came time to choose prizes, he knew exactly what he wanted. Candy. :) It was the best.


Knowing we'd be out of town for New Year's, we decided to do our new tradition of watching, "It's a Wonderful Life" and measuring the kids. We also were treated to Domino's pizza thanks to a gift card from Paul and Lahni. :) We let the kids sleep under the tree one more night before we took all our Christmas decorations down the next day. I love the decorations, but man, a few days after Christmas I am ready for my house to be back to normal. :)

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...