Sunday, March 10, 2019

Lindy turns 5!

In the morning we had our usual pancake birthday breakfast. :) She got her #5 pancake and she got to open a present from her cousin Erma and the birthday cards she had gotten that week. She felt so special!


Grandma and Grandpa Garner brought pizza for dinner!



I realize the first 3 pictures are almost identical, but I couldn't help it. They were all so cute! We invited all the Wallace kids up north here to come with us to the Butterfly Biosphere. It recently opened at Thanksgiving Point, and I've been wanting to take the kids there, but felt unable. I still stayed home with Davy, and Richie wrangled the other 4, with help I'm sure from the Wallace clan. The day before her birthday, she asked what kind of party she was going to have, and then seemed shocked that we weren't having a friend party. I felt bad because she's never had a friend party, and I knew she'd love it. I also knew it would be almost impossible for me to pull off. So I thought checking out this new butterfly venue would make things feel exciting, and having her cousins come with made it all the more festive.


They came over after and we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. Lindy requested a rainbow cake inside, and pink all over the outside. And these 2 crummy pictures are all I have to show for the fun night! The cake turned out great and met her specifications perfectly. :) She got a new scooter and a hoola-hoop, as requested :) And then was spoiled with other gifts from the Wallaces! She felt so special!!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...