Sunday, March 10, 2019

Davy is getting adjusted to home life :)


Lots of cuddles with everyone! He loves to be held, and we're happy to oblige. I can easily trust the 3 oldest to hold him without supervision. I'm not comfortable with them carrying him around yet, but that will come. It's nice having so many extra helping hands! And the black and white picture is our first night all together at home, during scripture study. It felt so surreal walking in the room to see all FIVE of my kids together!


We've had lots of visitors drop by to get to know Davy. And I've been really lousy at taking pictures to document it. But here's one of Aunt Makenna and Caleb meeting Mr. Davy. :)


Those first few Sundays, when the baby is still too little to go to church, and everyone else heads off to church, and I'm at home with only the baby....I greatly cherish these times with each of my kids. I not only love it because the house it quiet and I can really just focus on the baby and resting, but because I feel like the home becomes a little more sacred. I know I'm missing out on the sacrament and lessons etc, but there is such a tender spirit on Sundays at home with a new baby. Plus, is there anything better in the entire world than snuggling a new baby on your chest??? In some ways, it breaks my heart to know this is our last newborn. The newborn stage is over in the blink of an eye. Getting those precious baby snuggles is...I can't find the right word. It's gotta be one of the closest things to heaven on earth, and I feel privileged that we have had the opportunity 5 times, and also sad that it will only be 5 times.



Grandma Crosby comes to visit! We weren't sure if she would be feeling up to coming and helping this time around because of her cancer treatments. I kind of had to toughen my mind and get it wrapped around the fact that she probably wouldn't be coming. I was so grateful she was able to!! Grandma Garner was feeling so sick those first couple of weeks and unable to come over and interact much, but she kept us well fed with healthy food! We were SO grateful! Then Grandma Crosby came up and took the older kids to a movie, out to lunch, to the store to get supplies for a craft etc. And then she came down with some sort of bug! She felt like she wasn't helping as much as she should be, but I was just completely grateful for an extra pair of hands to hold Davy while I did other things. When it came time for her to head home, I held it together pretty well until Miles started crying, so then I did too. I'm pretty sure I always cry when Mom leaves, and I'm left alone with more kids than I've ever cared for on my own. It always seems so daunting. I'm so spoiled, and grateful that I've had 2 wonderful mothers who always help me ease through the transition of adding children to our home.


Cuteness!!! All the little faces newborns pull are fantastic. If you wanted to document them all, you'd have to have a camera over them 24-7, because they happen so quickly, they are usually gone before you can get the camera ready! So I'm grateful for the ones that we do snap, and also grateful for all the little faces that Davy pulls that only I get to see.


FIVE KIDS!!! UNREAL!!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...