Sunday, December 2, 2018

2nd half of November

Decorating for Christmas! I'm a stickler when it comes to not celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. But the kids held me to it, and the day after Thanksgiving, we whipped all the Christmas stuff out. My favorite thing in this picture is Lindy as a blur, running around because she was so excited.


Grandpa Garner reading to Benson. Almost every Sunday night, we are at the Garner's for dinner. Benson loves playing with "Bahn-kah" and loves reading books with anyone he can convince to read to him.


This year, we had to get our traditional Christmas pjs and keepsake books early because the girls needed Christmas pj's for their dance performances. We normally don't do it so early. They were totally surprised. The oldest 3 got an "all about me" book of them to fill in. I had the same one when I was about 6, and the kids have gotten a kick out of reading it, so I thought they'd like to fill one in for themselves.


One of the girl's dance performances was at the Festival of Trees. It's a good excuse to get us out there, because otherwise I probably wouldn't put forth the effort. But it's always a good time. Both Gwen and Lindy did a great job performing. Gwen just lights that stage up! She is so expressive up there! I was nervous for Lindy, since this would be her first time really performing. But she did such a great job! She remembered all the moves and seemed to really enjoy herself. Miles really helped me out wrangling Benson. It was right during his nap time and I forgot the stroller! Can't believe I didn't snap a picture of Miles in front of his favorite tree! He was disappointed there wasn't a BYU tree, only BYU playhouses. Gwen and Lindy loved the Ballerina tree made of tutus.


We got cheap tickets through Canyon Grove to go see "Christmas Around the World" at BYU. (Miles refused to begin the picture with the 3 dancers, but I promise he was there!) Gwen almost didn't make it, thanks to a throw-up episode that night. I don't understand why my kids do that sometimes. Every once in a while, they'll throw up once, so I'll cancel all my plans etc, and they're just fine the rest of the day! I was glad I could take the 3 oldest though. It was spectacular!! Gwen's favorite country was India, and Miles and Lindy liked the Ukrainian dancers.


We got the kids nightlights to go on their walls, in the hopes that they could do their nighttime reading in their beds, as opposed to hauling all the books out into the hallway where the light is on. I think it's worked pretty well so far. Gwen put up a strand of Christmas lights in their room, and when I peeked in the other night, they just looked so cozy!


All hail the rat killing champion! We realized we had a rat hiding out in the woodpile and poison didn't work, so before Richie re-stocked the wood, he dug the rat out. Between his shovel and Ginger, we got rid of it. Yuck!!!


No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...