Tuesday, October 2, 2018

2nd half of September

Perfect home school moment- They don't happen very often, so it's nice to have it documented. Gwen practicing piano, Lindy reading to Benson, Miles working on the kiwi crate.



We raised some more butterflies! It's always such a treat to watch the whole process. They didn't stick around as long this time when we released them, but it was still pretty cool.


Gwen and Lindy have friends who are also sisters and the same age. We had them over for a play date and they orchestrated this whole tea party. I love that all it took was me cutting up some apples and cheese and arranging them in a fancy way on a plate, and saying, "Madams, your snack is here.", and it totally made their day.



Miles and Gwen were at the farm with Richie one morning so Lindy and Benson were my canning helpers all morning. We worked on chilli sauce all day. They were such good helpers, and they loved helping. And I loved that they loved it.


One of the best ways to practice spelling words we have found is using them to play tic-tac-toe. Sometimes Miles and Gwen have almost the same spelling words so they get to play each other. :)


For FHE the other night we drove the Alpine Loop with the kids. We got to see some gorgeous leaves and had a surprisingly nice, long car ride. My favorite moment was when Richie instituted family dance off, in counts of 8. Everyone got 2 counts of 8 to show their moves and it was hilarious. That plus dilly bars at the end made for a pretty memorable evening.


How could I not snap a picture of this! Benson has been having a hard time falling asleep at night. It's a little maddening. This night, he eventually zonked out cuddled up to Miles.


We bought some actual popcorn, still on the cob and popped it the other day. Kind of a fun mid-school snack!


Lindy got to come with us to a Canyon Grove field trip the other day. It was a show at the Planetarium at BYU. I thought I gave us plenty of time to get there, but I should have factored in the time it takes me to get lost and then find my way back again. Even with directions written down, and my gps, I still got lost. Yep. And when we got there, we couldn't find parking! We were running across campus, the 4 of us holding hands and my pregnant belly bouncing up and down. I'm sure we were quite a scene. At one point Miles said, "Well, if we miss the star show, at least we had fun getting there!!" :). We get to the building, hop in an elevator, and get stuck. The door won't open, and it won't move. We hit the emergency button which proceeded to blare loudly in the elevator, driving us all crazy. After what seemed like forever, and one child threatening peeing, the kids suggested we say a prayer. We did, and a few minutes later the door opened. To which Miles's responses was *Huge sigh* "Thank you Lord!" :) :) :)


I've wanted to go see a BYU volleyball game ever since we moved to the SLC valley. We finally made it happen! It only took us 6 years! Richie was sweet and asked me all sorts of questions about the game to prove that he was really into it and having a good time. I loved feeling knowledgable and sharing that part of my life with him. One day, I'm going to get my skills back up to snuff.


That same night, Richie's home ward was having their annual reunion dinner/party at the park. We tagged along for the free food and excuse to let the kids burn off more energy. Besides Benson getting stuck in the bathroom, it was a good night. Especially the face painting!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...