Saturday, September 22, 2018

First Half of September

Where have the last 15 days gone? I can't believe we're half way through September already. Craziness. It's also crazy that it's still so warm outside. I'm beyond ready for that crisp fall air. I'm ready for Richie to bring the fireplace back to life and I'll make us some pumpkin cookies. Guess I have to be patient a bit longer.

Snapping beans :)


Dinner with Jeffrey's soon to be in-laws, the Heaps!


This is about 15 minutes into our homeschool day. And it was perfectly clean before! This doesn't even show the full destruction Benson is capable of. The rest of the basement was just as messy. I can't keep up!


With Miles and Gwen doing Canyon Grove one day a week, it gives me time to be with just my littles. They don't get my full attention during normal school days, so it's really fun to be able to focus on them. Here they are helping me make bread. :)


When canning is on, it's on. It doesn't care of your sick, or pregnant or both. This particular weekend, Benson got sick with some nasty cold/eye infection, and I got some 24 stomach bug that was brutal. Poor Richie was left to tend the kids, help them with the Saturday chores, can ALL the pears, and do another huge round of grape juice! All while I was in the tub or laying around somewhere. Yep, I got a good one.



It took Benson about a week to recover from his massive cold. It was torture. His sleeping routine went out the window, and we're still trying to get it back. Boo! On the positive side, one night he climbed in bed with Miles and fell asleep like this. :)


Know what this is? This is the last time I will be switching out my regular clothes for maternity ones! WAHOOOOOO!!!



Another "Epic Day" with Miles and Gwen gone, and Benson napping means Lindy get to have some one-on-one time and help me make salsa. We found a heart shaped tomato. :)


Homeschool group day! Studying the Crimean war, Florence Nightengale and pretending to be doctors.


Spelling word practice


Another "Epic Day" means I get to take the 2 littles to story time at the library! This hasn't happened in a while because the 2 older are, well, older. Even Lindy is starting to think it's a little too young for her! Then they wanted to go to the park, and I got to say yes! Most of the time, I feel pretty bound to schedules and to-do lists. It's nice when I'm not feeling that pressure as much, and I can give into their requests.



No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...