Tuesday, April 17, 2018

First Half of April

Time is just flying!! I can't keep up! Here's what we've been up to the first half of April.

Gwen utilizing her new face painting kit from Aunt Makenna!


Whenever Gwen checks out a certain Fancy Nancy book about a day spa, from the library, she will set up a mini spa. She always says it's just for me, but then Lindy and even Miles want to get in on the action. :) Pictured here is Miles getting a foot bath (with marbles in the water, to massage your feet). She even lotioned my feet, put socks on them, and then got me some yogurt and granola for a snack!


Lindy hitting the piñata the other day at homeschool group. We were studying the revolutions in South America and Mexico. So obviously a piñata and tres leches cake were in order, right?


Richie got a new toy in the mail. He's been really looking forward to his new broad fork to get here so he could start loosening up our soil for planting. He's thrilled with the way our raised beds have held up, made with our own compost. He could reach down elbow deep really easily. Dark, light soil. Perfection!


Gwen "harvesting" some blossoms from a tree. (Non-fruit bearing, don't worry!)


One day Miles made this fun "diorama". It's under the ocean, he said. The purple lids are clams. :)


My Dad was turning 70, so to celebrate we took him his 2 favorite pies there at Cove Fort. They were very busy with spring break visitors, so we only got to hang out for a bit, before continuing on down to St. George.


It was a quick trip, but so fun to see almost everyone for a bit. My brother Russ has been orchestrating some renovations on my parent's front yard, and it looks great! We (and by we, I mean Richie) helped with some manual labor. We tried to cram as much as possible in the weekend, so we went to a park for dinner, the kids slept at the Lamb's, I "cruised the vard" on spring break :), and we got together for dinner at Jenn and Mike's-where we were treated to a warm, spring, St. George downpour. It was awesome! The kids were completely soaked, but it was worth it. Those cloudbursts are rare, and I have such fond memories of enjoying them myself. It was wonderful to share that with my kids.


Gwen had dance pictures the other day. Last time, our CD that I reluctantly forked out $25 for-didn't work. So I decided against ordering it this time, not feeling guilty about the choice until we showed up to dance, and I seemed to be the only mother not filling out a form. Hoping I wouldn't scar Gwen for life- feeling like she was the only one without pictures, I snapped a few of her right then and there, and called it good. Fingers crossed.


No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...