Tuesday, October 18, 2016

2nd week of October

We officially kicked off the Halloween shenanigans when we made my Grandma Crosby's apple dumplings and watched Disney's "Legend of Sleepy Hollow". Love this tradition. :)


We're so lucky to have Grandma Garner attend a lot of our homeschool group days! She keeps herself pretty busy, but frequently gives her time to help us when we get together as a group. She pitches in wherever she can be useful, but usually that means she is the official baby holder for Brendan and Benson. :)


Miles has passed off every single Bob book! I try to encourage other reading throughout the day, but the Bob books are what I use right alongside our other reading curriculum and they have to practice the book enough times that they can read it to me with no mistakes (unlike other free reading). Miles has worked hard to finish all of them and I'm very proud. Reading and the love of reading, don't seem to come naturally to him. And when we were working through this issues with his eyes at the beginning of kindergarten, I feel like it really put him behind in reading. So I'm very proud of of his efforts in this arena. He also hit some milestones with Math that week. So to celebrate, he and I went on a date. We went and got pizza at a restaurant and then we went grocery shopping. :) This one on one time with the kids has been so beneficial. When I get Miles alone, he's so happy and talkative and...light! Same for me, I think! When we got home and I had to put the official mom hat back on, I think it was a little sad for both of us. Richie took the two girls on a date that night to see a movie at the cheap seats. Hopefully these kids feel as special as we know they are!


The other night we put the kids down to bed, I went to the bathroom, and then I went to give them more kisses. I had only been away for maybe 5 minutes. I walked into the girls room and saw Lindy sitting in her bed...with a massive hair cut. I gasped and then saw Gwen hiding in the corner in the middle of a pile of Lindy hair and doll hair. I asked her if she cut Lindy's hair, and she said no. (Remember me mentioning her having a lying problem??)I said, "I don't think Lindy is capable of cutting her own hair, are you sure you didn't do it?" And Gwen said, "Well, she did. She just sat in front of this mirror so she could see what she was doing!" So then I turned to Lindy and said, "Lindy, did you cut your hair?" And in her own Lindy-ese, she said "I no, a-cut a-hair. Gwenny a-cut a-hair!" And then I hear Gwen, through her teeth say, "Liiindeee!"

Gwen got an earful from both her dad and I, then she cried and cried. The next day I took the kids to my (hair stylist) friend's house to do damage control and Gwen had to pay for the haircut with her own fun-money. I was hoping it would sting enough to make an impact, both in the way of ceasing using scissors for anything other than paper, and also in the lying department. I guess we'll see. Lindy is now rocking a cute, round, short bob. Besides the obvious lack of bangs, it almost looks like we did it on purpose. :)

2 comments:

Torgersons said...

Oh my goodness, my worst nightmare! Her haircut really does look cute considering the damage! I love bobs on little girls.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Oh for goodness sakes! Maybe Gwen will become a stylist someday, and save you all bunches of money on your hair.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...