Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Rest of January

The school blog hasn't been updated in a few months...it may never get updated again. In case the state comes knocking at my door and demands proof that I'm not using my kids as cheap labor, here's a few more pictures to prove it, even if they're not on my "official school blog." We are studying ocean animals. Sea foam, ocean puzzle, blue water beads. Boom.


The kid built a marble track taller than him! And quite quickly too. I snagged a picture real quick, and it was a good thing I did because seconds later, Lindy destroyed it.


Speaking of Lindy, this chick is potty trained! She has been potty training herself for a few months now, I just wasn't ready to get fully on board. When they're wearing diapers, if they make it to the potty-great, if not-no big deal. When they are in underwear, it gets real. Well, the other Sunday, she ran out of diapers, so I figured it was as good a time as any. It's been about a month now, and she's only had maybe 5 accidents. She was so ready. We still put her in a diaper at night, after a few nights of her waking up all wet. Our kids don't seem to be equipped to do the night-time dry thing until they are a bit older.

Gwen had a really good dry nights run a few weeks ago and we were so excited. So we put her in underwear at nights. Then after her good run, she proceeded to wet the upper-bunk bed every single night. Whoever invented bunk beds was clearly not thinking of potty training at the time. After about 2 weeks of this, we went back to diapers at night for Gwen. She was heartbroken, and it was heartbreaking for me to see her feeling that "I failed" feeling. I tried to reassure her that she would get it sooner than later. And she will.


One of Richie's new year's goals was to take me on a date every week. Super ambitious, I know. He didn't miss a single week in January. :) We went to the gym together, went to see movie at the cheap seats, went to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit down at BYU, and went to the temple together. It's been a great month for dates. I don't think we normally go on that many dates in 6 months time!
The movie date ended up being quite the adventure. The one we wanted to see was sold out, so we saw that movie about "Moby Dick". Heart of the Sea? Into the Sea? Well it was 3D, and mostly all on the ocean. About 3/4 through, I had to exit the theater and throw up in the nearest garbage can. I thought I could handle the rest, so I went back in. However, on the ride home, we had to pull over again. I spent the rest of the night in a bath. :) Ah memories.
The Normal Rockwell exhibit was awesome! We grabbed ourselves some Hawaiian food on the way down, and some doughnuts on the way back. Big splurges. I had to hold back tears the entire exhibit. His paintings are just so real and true to life.


More School. Ha! Take that! *The Planetarium for Gwen's joy school. *Celebrating finishing "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" They drew pictures of what would be inside their wardrobe. We watched the movie, and planned on making turkish delight...but then I didn't. *File folder games for an easier school day.


Always the Comedian


There is this giraffe in the "baby room" named "Girdy". (Right mom?) My Grandpa Hinckley made it for my Mom one year for Christmas. I had it for quite some time in my room growing up. At some point, I snagged it from my parent's house and brought it to put in my little girl's room. :) Lindy loves to climb on it these days.

1 comment:

Becca said...

You are so great at this homeschool business! You are seriously my role model.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...