Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. Since we have 1 o'clock church, I decided we would have a "fancy" breakfast, instead of a fancy dinner. Then I remembered that we had stake conference that day at 10am, and we had to rush it a bit. :) I picked out some BOX cereal for the kids (big deal), bacon (another thing that never happens around here), and I found these cute little heart pastries online. They are adorable, but were wanting in the taste department.

For a Valentine's Day surprise, the tech stuff in our church building wasn't working, and the conference wouldn't stream. We stuck it out for an hour and a half, but left 30 minutes early. Gotta love that! Because Tay babysat for us the night before, Richie and I got to attend the adult session, which was surprisingly fabulous. So we didn't feel too bad about sneaking out a tad early. Let's be real here- Stake Conference is like a 2 hour sacrament meeting. And with 3 small children it's just....hard.

Richie and I like to keep things really simple on Valentine's Day. He let me sleep in on Saturday and take a bath, while he cleaned the house and made breakfast with the kids. I framed some family pictures for his office, and let him have a nap on Sunday.
“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion.” -Gordon B. Hinckley
Couldn't have said it better!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Those heart pastries look so good! It's hard to imagine them not tasting amazing. I was expecting you to say that you cleaned out your cars for Valentines. I always think about that every Valentine's Day, probably because our cars need a desperate cleaning. But I know it's hard to do that when heart day falls on a Sunday.

I LOVE your quote at the end. That is exactly right.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...