Sunday, May 3, 2015

The rest of April

We went to see the "UP" house again! This time we went with Aunt Makenna, Ethan and Caleb.


The kids looked extra cute this particular Sunday. Story about Gwen's Dress: When we went to Colorado a couple Summers ago, I found this dress hanging in an old bookstore. I knew it was too big for Gwen at the time, but bought it anyway because I loved it so much. It's still a tad big, but it technically fits now. Hooray! It was also my VERY first attempt of a french braid on anyone. So...yeah. Big day at the Garner house. :)


When we only had Miles, I would take him to visit Daddy at work all the time, to help us break up the day a bit. With Miles and Gwen, we still visited his work pretty regularly. Now that there are 3, and we are well into homeschooling... we don't visit so often. I still think it's important for the kids to see Dad in action and I think it's important for his students to see a family who loves and cares for each other in action. I LOVED it when my seminary teacher brought his family in. It only happened once or twice, and although I had wonderful familial examples around me, I still looked to my teacher and his family as an example. I decided I wanted to marry someone like him, and have a family like his. So I did. :) On this particular day, Richie was orchestrating pioneer games for their D&C discussion. We came and played Annie-I-Over, walking on stilts, and stick pulls. Miles got to compete with his dad in stick-pull and won! He's still talking about it. The kid's favorite part was that the field was covered in dandelions. They picked and picked and gave several bouquets out to the girls in the class. :)


Hanging out with Uncle Jacob. It's always a treat when he comes by to play! Lindy's dirty face here is typical. She still isn't a fluent walker, so all of her pants are getting stained and ripped on the knees. She still picks all sorts of stuff and puts it into her mouth, including dirt, as pictured here. She SO wants to be at the same level as her siblings, but just isn't physically capable enough, and it frustrates her, and me, to no end. This little make shift ladder we have by the tree makes it easy for Miles and Gwen to climb up. One day when Richie was out there with the kids, he didn't have his eye on her and she climbed all the way to the top with no help. Surprise!


Our wonderful friends, the Christensens, came to stay with us for a night. Megan's sister was having her wedding reception here, so we got to have some Mike and Megan time, just like in the good ol' days. :) We stayed up way too late and talked, laughed and cried, until our faces hurt so bad from laughing so much. We cried happy tears, and sad tears. It was so therapeutic. We miss them so much. We finally got to meet their adorable son, Drake. Man, what a cute kid, right?

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...