Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Mother's Day

Richie knows my love languages. Instead of buying me flowers, he cleans the bathroom; instead of perfume, he lets me take an extra long bath while he does the dishes. On Mother's Day, he spoke my favorite love language of all: sleeping in. :) I should add a few disclaimers here. Letting me sleep in is not a once in a blue moon occurrence. In fact, I think at least once a week I get pampered in this way. Yup,I got a good one. Anyway, I slept in on Sunday and woke up to a lovely breakfast sitting on my side table. I shared some with my girls, and then Richie whisked the kids away and wouldn't let them come in our room at all that morning. I took a super long bath, and basically spent all morning getting ready. That never, x a million, happens. It felt so luxurious. I walked out just in time for church and Richie had all the kids, plus his lesson, ready to go. Not that I don't love flowers and such, and not that Richie has never given that sort of thing to me, but he knows the best ways to make me feel special. :)




Grandma Garner bought all of her grand kids matching outfits a while back. We finally managed to get them all together, in the coordinating outfits and take some pictures on Mother's Day. I really like having an excuse to get in people's faces and take pictures. It was nice practice.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...