Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend/The Fogles come to visit!

Our dear friends, the Fogles, had a friend from West Virginia who was getting married in the SLC temple this past weekend. It was a perfect excuse for them to come stay with us and visit! The kids were in heaven with so many play mates, and I'm just realizing now how little fighting their was! For having 7 kids, under the age of 6 in the same house for 4 days, I can't remember any fighting!
I tried to snap a few family pictures of them before they headed off to the wedding reception in their cute matching clothes. It was freezing outside, so when I say "a few", I mean a few. But I tried to follow her kids around throughout the weekend and snap a few more.

Lauren's mom was able to get 3 tickets to the Saturday morning session of Conference. So we left all the kids with the husbands, and had a wonderful morning. It was probably the only session I really listened to. I missed the majority of the blossoms on Temple Square, but the flowers did not disappoint! I snagged a few more pictures, and miraculously the Fogles ran into 2 different people all the way from West Virginia!


We roasted marshmellows, dyed eggs, ate our passover meal, had an Easter egg hunt, stayed up late, you know...the good stuff.


I tried to get "the Easter shot" with all three kids in their Easter outfits, looking at the camera, but how often does that ever happen.


After the Fogles left, we had our Easter dinner at the Garners. We all contributed food that Jesus would have eaten or typical Passover foods. I love this tradition so much. The kids went on a treasure hunt for symbols of Christ's last week of life with Grandpa, and then they flew kites with Dad and the uncles. Such a good day.

3 comments:

Brian and Stacy said...

I love your pictures! The flowers are amazing! I once tried to get all three of my kids in a picture. BAH! There is no way that's ever gonna happen with me behind the camera. I've sadly realized that I have to be manhandling them while someone else takes the shots. Kids....

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Lindy cracks us up!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So much going on at your house! Great photos of Lindy’s cute faces! The St. Pat’s Day homeschool event sounded fun! It all sounds fun! But my favorite thing to read about was the sweet way the three children get along so well together....and you laughing and crying because of a full heart! How dear.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...