Friday, January 16, 2015

Lindy J



Poor 3rd child. Her baby info book is practically empty, and the stuff that's in it is mostly guesswork. :( I think she started crawling around 6 months?? First tooth...Did I write that down somewhere?? Poor, poor 3rd child. I try and write little things on the blog every once in a while, and it's beyond time to do so again to try and keep my forgetfulness at bay.

*She has 6 teeth now and more coming in all the time it seems like. I don't remember my other kids being so irritable when they teethed, but she wakes up all night, gets ornery, fevers etc. I think she's teething right now. Ugh.

*She is 10 months going on 18 months. She's following her siblings examples and is nice and big for her age, head and all. :) At her 9 month check up she was just over 20 pounds. She's been wearing 12 month clothing now for a while, partly because she is a big girl, or as some would say, "Healthy", and also because her big cloth diaper bum makes it hard for some pants to fit. :) We lovingly call her "The bottomless pit". She can eat and eat with no end in sight. She mostly loves all food and is willing to give anything a try. The other day she out-ate EVERYONE at breakfast, no joke.

*She learns little tricks all the time and is really into them for about a week, and then she moves on. Signing "all done" (not really knowing what it meant) lasted about a week, her funny face only lasted about a week, shaking her head "no" really fast (again, not knowing what it meant), etc. Now she knows the meaning behind "no" and "more" and sometimes "all done". She says "Mama" and knows what it means. :) The other day she surprised us all when I said, "Ok kids, prayer time." She totally folded her arms! (To the best of her ability) She does it on demand now and it's pretty much the cutest. She is shaping up to be a very obedient child. Fingers crossed! When she stand up in the tub on high chair we only have to remind her once or twice to sit on her bum and she'll sit.

*She is an old soul. I've heard people say that before and I figured I knew what it meant. But now I feel like I really know what it means. Sometimes Lindy and I just stare at each other and I swear she's so old. :) Her eyes tell me she's experienced and wise and that we have probably known each other before. She gets empathy already. Genius kid I tell ya. I'm not biased at all either. If I'm holding her and one of the kids runs up crying or has a problem, she immediately grabs them and puts her head on their shoulder and makes sweet cooing noises and then pats them on the back, finishing it up with some slobbery kisses all over their cheeks. My mother heart just bursts!

*She loves showers and baths.

*She is Richie's child. And when I say she's Richie's child, I mean, she likes to go to bed early and wake up early. 730-8=bedtime, 5-630am=wake up. Ugh. Miles and Gwen were sharing the bottom bunk for a while, but now that Miles' arm has healed they are in separate beds. This has resulted in some awesome sleeping in from them. Sometimes until 8!!! Too bad Lindy is a habitual early riser no matter what!

*She loves to "talk" to Dad on the phone and watch for him out the front window. She's really into pretending that anything with a rectangle shape is a phone. She holds it up to her ear and talks. Whenever she heard a phone ring, she puts her hand up to her ear and looks excitedly at me. :)

*She's already after the boys. All the moms with little babies sit on the sidelines in Relief Society. She aggressively goes after the boys and tackles them and gives them slobbery kisses. Some of them don't appreciate her advances. :)

*Her stranger danger is subsiding somewhat...Still a total Mama's girl.

*She has so much personality. Lately when she gets mad (usually when the food is all gone) she gets so angry that she clenches her fists and her whole body shakes. Ha!

*She's got the music in her. No matter where or what type of music is playing, as soon as she hears it, she immediately starts dancing. Even during sacrament meeting, she gets her groove on. She's got some pretty good moves, I must say.

We love our Lindy J!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We love her too! And I'm so glad you continue to write in your blog!!! One day Lindy will LOVE reading this stuff about herself!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...