Monday, August 27, 2012

We're going on a moose hunt, we're going to catch a big one!

This past weekend we went on a little hike with the Garners in Little Cottonwood Canyon. It was around 4 miles and I was nervous about how the kids would do, but we didn't have any major meltdowns until the last half mile or so. Whew! They both did really well, thank goodness. Of course they did have Uncles and Grandparents who took turns carrying in arms and on shoulders and kept both kids happy. The most surprising part was the Mommy moose and her two babies at the trail head. They were right there, so close! It was crazy. The rest of the hike, Miles talked about finding the moose again so he could talk to it.






Two things about Sunday: 1. I was called as a primary teacher. Wonder if I'll ever be called as anything else. And 2. I snapped this cute picture of these two.



Oh yeah, happy first day of school Richie! This is his first official day teaching as a real, live seminary teacher. He couldn't be any more calm or prepared. It's not fair, because I would be a basket case, even if I was over-prepared. And the fact that he is so calm is making me a little basket-casey, and it's not even MY job. He can't wait to meet his students!


5 comments:

Makenna said...

I'm kinda glad I missed the hike :) because I'd be huffin' and puffin' the whole way! Good luck Rich!

Becca said...

Love that Sunday nap picture! I also love that you keep us updated regularly. I put it off forever and then my catch up posts are super long and take forever to read. Good luck, Richie!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm sure a conversation between Miles and that momma moose would have be delightful to listen to....but maybe it's just as well it didn't take place as moose can be a little temperamental....or so I've heard.

You will be a great Primary teacher........again!

All the best to Richie now that he is beginning his first official, full fledged year as a seminary teacher! Loved his sign!

The Wallace Family said...

Richie looks exactly like a seminary teacher!!
Go Richie :)
Pass on any classroom management suggestions my way please. I have some major talking issues.

Taysom Wallace said...

Cute pictures!!! :) I love that Miles loved the moose lol
I love your guys!
Taysom

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...